๐ŸŒŸ My Journey from Gamer to Coder: Introducing 'Dispatch Reworked' - A GTA V Mod That Redefines Police Response ๐Ÿšจ

herself

Hello people! ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm excited to share with you a mod I've been working on for Grand Theft Auto V called "Dispatch Reworked" over the course of the last 3-4 years. This mod completely overhauls the game's dispatch system, adding a level of realism and intensity that you won't find in the base game. ๐ŸŽฎ

Dispatch Reworked

Features:​

K9 Dogs added

More Screenshots below
  • ๐Ÿš€ A completely fresh dispatch system, written literally from scratch, that is designed to be challenging but also a lot of fun.
  • ๐ŸŒŸ There are NOT five but SIX stars in total!
  • ๐Ÿ”ง Fine-tuned loadouts based on wanted level and unit and situation that they are facing (indoor or outdoor suspect)
  • ๐Ÿ›ก๏ธ Realistic armor and health
  • ๐Ÿง  Improved chase, combat, search, driving, and interior AI compared to the base game with the capability to be improved further. Criminals get caught faster.
  • ๐Ÿ•โ€๐Ÿฆบ๐ŸŽฏ๐Ÿš Lots of new units added as in-game equivalents of SWAT, the FBI, CIA, Blackwater PMCs, National Guard, Heavy Response Teams (Juggernauts) that law enforcement would call out if there was a serious attack. Before in GTA V if the character had a minigun, the police stood NO chance.
    Code:
    Now the tables have turned.
  • ๐Ÿ”„ Custom spawn & despawn logic for optimal searches and chases that reduce the amount of time police can respond.
  • ๐Ÿ“ Uses only a simple .ini file that allows you to customize the many features of the mod compared to other mods that have complex file installation and customization.
  • ๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™‚๏ธ All units are all able to arrest the player at all wanted levels if the player is being non-hostile.
    Code:
    This prevents police brutality which is a problem in real life.
  • ๐Ÿค Gang or group wanted severity is incorporated. Basically, crimes committed by members of your group influence your wanted level. This is a script-only feature that cannot be added through the game files (i.e. other mods even.
  • ๐Ÿš’๐Ÿš‘ Killing firefighters, EMS, and security guards influences wanted levels similar to that of police officers. (Not in vanilla game)
๐ŸŽ‰ And so much more than this tiny list (which you can more on the 5-mods website)

My Journey:​

When the player commits heinous acts of crime like this, law enforcement does NOT let them get away with just a slap on the wrist.

My journey into modding and earning a true passion for coding started back in 2020, during the height of the COVID pandemic. I was in 7th grade, learning Java at the time, and an avid player of GTA V. I wanted to use dispatch mods, but none of the existing ones, like RDE and DOV, were quite what I was looking for.

So, I decided to try my hand at modding myself, which uses C#, a very similar coding language to Java. My first mod was a simple one called "Corrupt Law Enforcement" where I made two versions for. At this point I had some experience so when there was a request in a discord to add police snipers to the game, a lightbulb flickered in my head. I realized that I could expand this idea to include more units and create the mod I was looking for. Thus, "Dispatch Reworked" was born. ๐ŸŒฑ

I worked on this mod throughout my 8th grade online classes (don't tell my teachers ๐Ÿ˜…), and after several versions and a lot of feedback, I decided to post it discord. What started as a simple request turned into a project with over 20,000 lines of code. Eventually after even more versions and deep into my 9th and 10th grade years, I was finally able to release my mod on the website. Since I was not thinking that far ahead, my code didn't cut it and I had to rewrite a lot of the code. Each time I added a new feature, a new bug would arise. Debugging was the ultimate hassle but just like providing support on the discord server, it was hard but fun and rewarding ๐Ÿ› ๏ธ.

On a more serious note, one of the inspirations behind this mod that kept me going even through all the difficulties and busy times of my school career was the desire to see adequate law enforcement responses to heinous acts like acts of terrorism and instances of mass violence as well as reduce police brutality. The devastating incident that occurred in 2016 at Pulse, in Orlando, stands as one of the most lethal mass shootings in the annals of United States history. The assailant claimed the lives of 49 individuals and inflicted injuries upon at least 50 others, subsequently meeting his demise at the hands of the Orlando police force. As for police brutality, that one feature that allows arrests at all wanted levels is extremely influential and something hard to add in to the game without scripts like mine. The tragic occurrences associated with these topics serve as a poignant reminder of the paramount significance of effective, timely, and fair police intervention.

Overall, this mod aims to create that level of response in the world of GTA V ... and them some. ๐Ÿš”

https://preview.redd.it/avl6njr3jae...bp&s=24770fbf50f6083b55c9b96bb3decf41b5caa75c

https://preview.redd.it/d457ch65jae...bp&s=0ce0717b5f5d7f97c95f5346a4cccd5d4599c193

https://preview.redd.it/gy8eipz7jae...bp&s=d007221e6ada12ee2754af4d5a74b0559f4463a5

All these units shown in the pictures are who we hope will protect us and our loved ones. Hopefully the world's police can be as good and preferably, even better than the one created by my mod.

Links:​

- Dispatch Reworked Mod

- Discord Server Link (for support)

But yeah, I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions! ๐Ÿ™Œ