20 startup accelerators accepting applications over the next 2 weeks

jennifer86

Hi All,

I have a weekly newsletter / blog called The MBA Is Dead where I post startup accelerator application closing dates. I also try my best to include their deal terms. Rather than just post a link, I thought I would just dump the raw content here. Hope you find value in it!

Startup funding applications today total $1,095,000 spread over 11 startup accelerators. In addition to these new postings, you have an additional 9 from my previous week's blog.

New Startup Funding Applications​

1. Capitol Factory in Austin, Texas take 1% equity, but it’s not clear how much they offer. Closing date is tomorrow, Friday November 17.
  2. Amplify L.A. offers between $50,000 and $200,000, but their website does not specify the amount of equity they take. Close date is Thursday November 30.
  3. Acceleprise is a ‘SaaS focused accelerator based in San Francisco and backed by industry leading operators like Box, Salesforce and Cisco who have extensive experience scaling SaaS companies.’ They offer $50,000 in funding *for an undisclosed amount of equity. Close date is *Thursday November 30.
  4. GSF Accelerator will select 5 new startups for its sixth iteration. ‘Selected startups will spend four months in Bangalore, India to refine their products. This will be followed by trips to San Francisco and Japan for an immersion in the global tech ecosystem and meeting with leading tech investors.’ They offer up to $200,000 for up to %15. Close date is Monday November 20.
  5. Pipeline identifies and commercializes the world’s leading** water-based startup technologies. No equity or cash deal stated. They are based in Cincinnati, Ohio and their closing date is **Sunday November 19.
  6. :agile accelerator powered by Eon in Malmö, Sweden is looking for ‘startups that develop smart solutions for the future of energy and sustainability. The program lasts 5 months and gives funding of up to €30,000, Equity take not indicated. Close date is Thursday November 30.
  7. xEdu based in Helsinki, Finland and is ‘is Nordic’s no. 1 business accelerator for startups creating transformative learning solutions with pedagogical impact.‘ Their deal was not indicated, but they do claim ‘funding opportunities can go up to €500,000 for participating start-ups.’ Close date is Sunday December 31.
  8. The Travelport Labs Accelerator helps travel-related technology companies get the best possible start on their idea. They offer $30,000 for an 8% stake. Close date is Saturday December 2.
  9. Over in Kampala, Uganda inCeclerate is offering $10,000 for 6%. Close date is Friday November 24.
  10. In Funding Alert 14 I posted that FastTrack Malmö had a close date as the end of October. Their Managing Director Joel Larsson has informed me they are actually accepting forms until November 24. They offer funding of SEK 300,000 ($35,000) from Fast Track Capital. and were just voted best accelerator in Sweden. Not sure what the equity take is.
  11. Artistlabs, based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, focuses ‘on individuals looking to launch or accelerate a career in Music, Literature, Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Fashion, and Crafts.’ *They offer *$50,000 for 0%. Close date is Sunday November 26.

Startup Funding Applications Still Open​

Below are applications I’ve announced in previous newsletters, but which are still open.
  1. Lair East Labs is a ‘New York-based startup accelerator for founders interested in launching businesses in China‘. They offer $50,000 for 5%. Close date is Friday November 17.
  2. Flashstarts Accelerator based in Cleveland, Ohio focuses on ‘advanced manufacturing, advanced materials, biomedical, energy, life sciences, sensors and [the very broad category of] software and IT.’ Close date is Saturday November 18.
  3. Cookpad is a food-focused program based in Japan. The website is all in Japanese, but don’t be put off from applying though. I have heard unconfirmed rumors they are looking for global startups. Close date is Sunday November 19.
  4. Rabat, Morocco is the location of Dare, Inc. They offer $3,000 for 5%. Close date is Monday November 20.
  5. Quake Capital in New York is offering $25,000 to $250,000 in investment for a stake of somewhere between 2% and 15%. *Close date is *Monday November 27.
  6. Project Entrepreneur is ‘increasing the number of women building high-growth, economically impactful companies.’ They give a $10,000 grant for 0 equity. Close date is also *Monday November 27 *and they are also based in New York City.
  7. HCF Catalyst Startup Accelerator, located in Sydney, Australia has a healthcare focus, offers AUD $50,000 (USD $38,000) for 10% equity, and their close date is Friday November 24.
  8. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government has announced a Blockchain Business Camp. Fluency in Japanese is not required. The cash deal wasn’t obvious, so you’ll have to do the research. Applications close Friday November 24.
  9. Applications are open for 2 Dreamit accelerators, Health and UrbanTech. I believe they offer** $50,000, but not sure they take equity. If you ‘submit a completed application before **November 17 at 11:59 pm ET, the Dreamit team will prioritize your application and let you know by** December 1′.**