20 y/o generates $56,423 in revenue with $1,294 ad spend

starburst3316

Recently, I generated 44x ROI for an ecommerce company using my fundamentals of FB targeting. Because Facebook can drastically increase CPAs at any time and without notice, I'm super excited to share some of my fundamentals of social media targeting with other marketers to help them prove ROI to clients. Here are some of the fundamentals I used for this campaign:
  1. Conduct User Research Before Campaign Development. If you want to generate real ROI, forget the whole concept of data driven. It's all about creating human-driven campaigns - this means that your messaging should speak directly to the pain points of the potential customer instead of highlighting the product. I always conduct an in depth transcript analysis and experience map before any campaign - in my experience, this has created an 18% lift in campaign success.
  2. Launch a Campaign with Video Views > Traffic > Conversions > Retargeting Format. When I launch a campaign on Facebook, I always follow the same format: utilize 15% of budget to launch a Video Views ad set, then use 25% of the budget to launch a Traffic ad set, 55% of the budget on a Conversions ad set, and another 5% of retargeting. This systematic format increases your audience's engagement (which will decrease CPAs), elevates conversion potential through familiarity, and reduces ad fatigue by means of ad set diversification. I normally conduct a simultaneous multivariate test and adjust the budget according to which creative/messaging performs the best. CPAs for this campaign averaged $0.18, which is significantly lower than the industry average (luxury cycling) of $1.11.
  3. Shorten Your Funnel with a Chat Bot. This is one of my best pieces of advice for performance marketers. Utilizing the power of chat bots (especially through FB messenger) can drastically shorten the conversion funnel. Also, chat bots provide a sustainable and highly engaging broadcasting channel to your audience while also decreasing the reliance on paid media. During this campaign, I launched multiple ad sets that drove either page likes or messages a few days before the larger campaign (the second round is where I spent 90% of the ad budget) to engage the audience. Then, I sent all of my messenger audience a special deal - these conversions were insanely high.
I'm always open to connecting and discussing my targeting methods more! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions: https://mxles.com/

@roseandlavender Hey there! Yes absolutely, see below. I do a lot of consulting and am looking for new projects, check out my website and contact me through there: mxles.com

The product was a pre-order (had not launched yet at time of campaign) for a super-niche fitness tracker; the product had many points of differentiation, but most notably, it had an analog interface.

As for the creative, I utilized a few different formats including video, gif, and image. These were mid-level assets (i.e. great looking, but by no means professional). The images yielded the lowest CPC.

Back