A new way to grow your audience

qwertykey

A new way to grow your audience

Every day- check GA4, check my subscribers list, check social engagement. Little results.

What I’ve learned is the building part is easy and the marketing is the real challenge.

I’m a builder at heart and that’s where my true passion is, but what’s the point if it doesn’t reach an audience and actually benefit people?

I’d rather fail without spending a dime than make a small buck spending $$$. Bootstrapping this whole thing makes growth even more challenging but the idea of turning profit without spending is what keeps me going.

So how do you overcome this prevalent obstacle of GROWTH? This is not what I’m constantly thinking about and my focus has turned away from development and more so towards growing this thing. It’s sad because all I want is to keep building but that time will come again when I start gaining some traction.

My long term marketing strategies are SEO (publishing blogs), social media presence (starting with 0 followers currently at 57), and referral program (3 referrals since implemented 4 days ago).

The ideas I’m going to start trying out next along side my long term strategies are things like product hunt. My thought is, let me try to get feedback from other founders, successful startups and people that have done well with building a following.

I see a lot of platforms similar to product hunt that I’m going to be launching on to try and get a decent launch strategy for when the time comes to launch on product hunt (never done it before and need to find a hunter).

Anyways, if you’re still reading this, what growth strategies have worked for you, what are some mistakes you’ve learned from in your experience, and do you have any advice for someone building an audience from the ground up?

@qwertykey I'm currently building SuperApply - an AI cover letter generator. As a tool for job seekers, I'm currently trying to generate content that a jobseeker might find interesting (e.g. job trends, research, actionable tips, etc.).

I am also experimenting with Tiktok as a growth channel (I'm not trying to plug my Tiktok here, but if you're keen, it's in my bio).

So far, it's a little premature to say what is successful or not. Will update as I go! How about you?