A single place to store all personal details & documents

coffee1066

Hey guys,

I’ve always struggled to get my details (passwords, bank account, documents, etc.) at one place.

And, this has often left me frustrated.

A couple of weeks back, I wanted to print my Aadhar, & at the shop, just couldn’t find it. Took me a good 5 minutes to get it from my email.

I’ve built a pretty simple template on Excel to store all my personal details. It’s saved me a lot of frustrating moments.

I'd love to know if anyone else has faced similar issues? And how do you solve it?

Additionally, if anyone feels that my template could help them, feel free to reach out, I'd love to share it for free. No strings attached.

What’s in it for me? I get to learn better ways of solving this problem.

P.s. DigiLocker is good, but can’t store text in it. And, isn’t searchable.

@coffee1066 If anything that needs to be encrypted, I keep it in KeepassXC and share the DB over Dropbox like passwords or whatever.

For all other easily accessible things, Google keep like aadhar number, pan number or quick notes and others.

If you are used to keeping knowledge-base or project management, I am not sure Google keep helps without a bit of overhead.

For knowledge-base: Dropbox + markdwon files.
For project management: made a native kanban board ( was using kanban on notion previously, didn't like it much. Too much information than I use.)

@wynning826 It's a workable solution, but has its own drawbacks like ease of accessibility, flexibility of storing various types of data, etc. I'd rather build a solution that tackles the drawbacks

@coffee1066 For any type of secure document, is Google/Microsoft not preferrable over a startin up company, given security and reliability plus the bandwidth they provide shadows anything that there is.