AI Property assistant that finds your dream home based on YOUR LIFESTYLE 🎯🏠 [Roast away!]

aradhit

1. Problem

House-hunting is both stressful and time-consuming, with a disjointed and unclear path that often leaves home finders feeling unsupported. The flood of irrelevant listings on property portals and misaligned incentives of agents only worsens the experience.

2. The product (what is it, use case, who would want it)

> We’re building Hunter, an AI area and property recommender that matches users to ideal neighbourhoods and properties based on their lifestyle + geospatial data.

It learns about you and goes around the city (ingesting a ton of data) handpicking the best match locations to live - accounting for your commute, finances, transport links, crime levels, schools for kids etc. (London only for now).

> Give it a go: Hunter AI: Virtual Property Assistant

- PS: If you don't need your recommendation emailed to you, feel free to use a placeholder email when it's requested.

3. The market (size, competition, dynamics that we should be aware of)

> We’ve conservatively sized the UK opportunity at £8bn - accounting for

- Customer acquisition spend by agents and brokers

- Automation, Insights and intelligence technology (Geospatial data and property)

- Consumer tech premium plans

> Listings sites

- Rightmove: controls 80% of the property listings market in the UK

- Zoopla: controls 18% of the property listings market in the UK

4. Product analysis / comparison against competition

> Listing portal incumbents:

- RightMove and Zoopla control the UK market for property listings.

- They provide overwhelming amounts of listings based on basic parameters. We plan to augment their listing data on our site and use our models to provide tailored recommendations / matching (inference based)

- Our focus is on improving the ecosystem with a complementary, not necessarily competitive product to them.

Advanced listing portal (Jitty, SearchSmartly):

> Proptech startups that are listing portals with better / more search parameters. Probably the closest parallels to us but they don’t provide

- The personalised output recommendations to help cut through the noise of house-hunting + account for benefits you weren’t even considering

- Provide support past the listing search phase

Area research sites:

> Proptechs offering area data and insights but not properties or recommendations based on their insights

- Crystal Roof

5. What stage are you in? Do you need money? Are you raising?

> We recently launched our public beta and growth has been organic.

> We plan on raising a pre-seed round to fund our next milestones by the end of 2024.

6. Customer conversion strategy

> We will kick-start growth by targeting property related social media groups (e.g first time buyers and new-to-town communities), influencers and PR media.

> In the medium term, we plan to attract users via search terms, blog content and free-to-use tools (affordability calculator).

> Long term, we plan to leverage word of mouth to maintain growth. This will be achieved by optimising our product until we achieve product market fit to drive virality. Our B2B customers will be acquired initially via founder-led sales efforts and later via a sales team.

7. Why you?

> The founding team is made up of a mix of commercial, data, technology expertise. We also have deep experience in the consumer, property and fintech industries, working previously for organisations such as Wayhome, Onfido, Coreco, Datatonic, Strategy& and KPMG and more.

@aradhit I'm not really your target audience so I'm afraid I can't help you out in that regard. I will give some general advice that has been useful to me over the years. Don't write a single line of code before you did an extensive customer discovery research. Use your post to schedual interviews with some of the people that reach out with feedback.

In a second note, I'm doing some customer discovery myself, and I'm looking for AI app owners to interview. Would you consider spending a few minutes to talk with me? I mostly looking to talk about your AI cost, what is your use cases.

DM or reach out in a comment if you would

Back