Alternatives to Gusto and Rippling

candi12

Hey all, I run a startup. Looking to select a payroll and benefits provider - currently have 2 founders in the US, but likely to expand domestically and abroad. I'm evaluating both companies for P&B, and honestly dislike both for different reasons. Any alternatives to this that you think I should consider?

Here are my thoughts:

1) turned off by both actively promoting Human Interest as a 401k solution (I presume both get kickbacks, but are not transparent about it). I've heard horror stories about HI, so I don't want to give them a shot.

2) Rippling sales - aggressive and slimy. High fees too relative to Gusto. Not transparent about costs (have to have a sales call before they disclose any costs).

3) Gusto OTP sales person - clueless. I asked them what's the cost of paying a contractor, and they wouldn't know (say it depends on the bank). C'mon. Is that that complicated - can I have a ballpark?

Looking to discover something new, up-and-coming. Any recommendations? Thanks.

@candi12 I work for ConnectPay Payroll. You should check us out. We strictly work with small business and I'd love to discuss more about who we are and learn more about you business. I dm'd you

@candi12 You should check out Niural (niural.com), which offers both PEO and ASO models (Gusto is only ASO), and also has international contractor payments and EOR in one platform. Transparent pricing too.

@candi12 @candi12 you are looking at 2 very different solutions one is a PSP (payroll service provider) the other is a PEO (professional employer organization) you should figure out which model is best suited for you first then go from there. If you think PEO is the way check out our marketplace, multiple providers for you to easily search through and ballpark pricing upfront. Request a quote to tailor services to your exact needs. hope this helps.

Back