Am i getting rejected cuz i m being truthful in interviews?

rajaiklan

So right now i m in my last year in master degree, when it comes to shorlisting profile based on portfolio, i get selected but after interviewing i m getting rejected, same thing happen multiple times, as a evaluate my peers' their portfolio is not so great but they r getting selected after interviewing.

After so many rejection i m seriously getting in a depression, from my point of view what i find different in my peers' and me in interview is they all r kind of very excited enthusiastic about job but mau lack technical knowledge, and they may be over confident too, or i dont know may be i m to low confident like when it comes to rating themselves in technical they mostly rate like 5 out of 5 which is obviously not true, being a fresher and i usually try to be truthful and rate myself 3.5 out of 5.

After many interviews i get a feedback that i m good in project but i m not good in selling myself (USP) and m i not enthusiastic and excited.

please help me how to crack interviews?

right know my theory is if i m not good in something i will tell them the truth or if i m 5 out of 10 in some programme i will tell them 5 only , no over exaggeration.

is my approach wrong?

Im a UI and UX designer, with basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and java script.

@rajaiklan Say only 5 out of 10 but use a certain way of saying so that those 5 achievements look phenomenal.
Use chatGPT to inflate those things in a believable form before your interview

Use "I helped the company....." instead of "I did this..."