Banking suggestions for Stripe Atlas Solopreneur

graceyb1

Hi everyone,

I created a Stripe Atlas account so I’m able to use stripe. Now I’m not able to make transfers from Stripe directly to my local bank. Those are the options I found:

1- Stripe -> Wise (can I hold the money here?) -> local bank

2- Setup a Novo/Mercury bank in the US.

What do you suggest for a solopreneur.
Should I have a US bank account and hold the money there? Or should I hold it in Stripe? Or should I hold it in Wise? Or should I transfer on a regular basis to my local bank? (Through Wise)

Or is it all the same and I should go with the simplest approach?

Could there be a benefit to having a Novo/Mercury account and holding the money there, most of the time

@graceyb1 Ok, I haven't done this yet.
  1. I do know that you can hold money in Wise and you can transfer out with it. I've done that a lot on the personal side and am keen for the business side but haven't yet.
  2. If I was you I'd setup an account there for the business it's not a problem having the facility how much you use it is up to you. Do you have specific reservations?

@nct Problem is I’m having difficulty setting up a mercury account, first application rejected because they couldn’t verify my company’s information because I live in a third world country where my physical address isn’t recognized by google maps api, that’s what I assume is the reason I got rejected. I can apply again but I’m still not sure how to solve the issue (I literally named the road I live in on google maps, maybe if google accepts the request It’ll help locate my physical address for mercury)

And with Novo, I need a SSN, and I’m not a US citizen…

So yeah, my case is extremely unfortunately, but I’m not giving up

Back