BE AWARE OF THIS ETSY SCAM!!!

artysgtb

Someone on Etsy messages sent me this message:

“Wе hоре thіѕ mеѕѕаgе іѕ ѕаtіѕfасtоrу tо уоu․ Wе rеgrеt tо іnfоrm уоu thаt‚ ассоrdіng tо оur rесоrdѕ‚ thе рауmеnt саrd аѕѕосіаtеd wіth уоur ассоunt hаѕ nоt bееn vаlіdаtеd fоr dіѕburѕеmеnt․

То аvоіd dіѕruрtіоn tо уоur ассоunt‚ рlеаѕе ѕеnd uѕ уоur è‐mаіl аddrеѕѕ․ 

Wе wіll ѕеnd уоu аn еmаіl frоm thе оffісіаl ЕТЅΥ mаіl tо соnfіrm уоur іdеntіtу․ Іf уоur іdеntіtу іѕ nоt соnfіrmеd wіthіn 6 hоurѕ‚ уоur ассоunt wіll bе ѕuѕреndеd․ 

Веѕt rеgаrdѕ‚ ЕТЅΥ”

They were trying to get my email so they could probably send a scam link. Etsy already has your email so, DO NOT fall for this scam. Its awful that people are trying to scam handmade small business owners so, make sure to report any suspicious messages so Etsy sellers will have a smaller chance of getting scammed.

@artysgtb Let’s take this further. As an owner of a small business assume every email is fraud

I read an email. If I cannot immediately work out who it’s from or link to a package or payment I know about I don’t click on any link or attachment. It gets binned.

@cloudyshadow and any company that says you need to fix and error, check that by logging in to the company website via google or a bookmark. Never use the link in the email.

Back