Best CRM for subscription based startup? Time and event-based trigger emails needed

savedandmusical

I’ll be launching my startup soon, in which all customers receive a free 7 day trial.

Is there a CRM platform you recommend for a startup (ie: low cost) that has the ability to send time-based emails upon initial signup (ie: send email 6 days after signup) and emails based on actions (ie: signed up for subscription X).

I’m assuming most CRMs do this with an integration tool like Zapier, but figured I’d float it putt here to get done thoughts.

@savedandmusical I believe EspoCRM will be the best option for your needs. It's an open-source platform that was built exactly to meet the needs of startups and small businesses. With its workflow and BPM tools, you can automate sending emails after certain events or after a certain amount of days.

@mathewbailey08 That's an email automation platform, but not a CRM though.

You could use Salesflare's CRM and email workflows. It can trigger them based on rules which you can definitely set on sign-up date more than x days ago.

@savedandmusical Intercom or Encharge does this but they are costly. I'd recommend Mailerlite, its cost effective.

I've been using Mailerlite for my SaaS as well but i've to setup using the integration like you mentioned.

@savedandmusical Something to consider - there are three types of emails: sales, marketing, and transactional (or operational).

Sales emails: low volume… you can get away with really cheap solutions with a mail merge and perhaps use this approach to your advantage in the short term.

Marketing emails: high volume - this would be your mailchimps, klayvio, constant contact, etc

Transactional: this would be those “verify your email address” “confirm your subscription” etc. Which is best suited with systems like send in blue or sendgrid.

I would dig deeper into your process and match the best tool for you- but there are tons of low cost solutions to help with this