[Beta-Test] ShortestEmailAddress.com - Email service with ultra-short email addresses

Hi!

I'm looking for beta testers for my recently launched email service, ShortestEmailAddress.com.

The service is available as a beta in the U.S. and Canada (more countries planned later). Currently, only forwarding accounts are available (full mailboxes are planned to be offered later).

Besides beta testing, I'd also appreciate general feedback, e.g.,
  • What do you expect from such a service?
  • Do you prefer the shortest possible addresses I can offer (like e@b.gl) or slightly longer ones (like you@q.vu)?
  • Which of the offered domains are best?
  • Is a forwarding-only account enough or do you prefer a full mailbox?
I appreciate all feedback!

Thanks!

-- cygery

@ctoss Yep. I would never consider any non-major-email-provider (Gmail, outlook, etc) professional and I would not trust someone who uses a non-standard email provider. Unless it's a custom domain (person's name, legit business, or edu).

@achristianinaction at first sight, the short email domains look interesting, that said would you not face a problem with spam filters or other mechanisms as these don't "look" trustworthy, for the lack of a better word.

If i may, who would be your users.

good luck

@jennygeddes Thanks for your comment!

I'm not aware of any technical mechanisms used by email providers which would down-score short domains or domains with a rather uncommon extension such as those I use. The common mechanisms are blacklists, especially DNS blacklists for known spammers. However, I can imagine that a person might see such an unknown domain as less trustworthy - especially if receiving unexpected emails from it.

I assume my target group to be technically/gadget interested people but I'm not sure about this yet.

@achristianinaction I guess I will have to read up in this a bit more.
What was your nucleation point for designing this, I ask because there are services that provide something similar by shortening the url, albeit not as short as you are.
Cheers!

Back