Boots on the ground

nina723

Okay this isn't the most thought out idea, I thought of it and didn't feel like looking more into it so thought I'd share instead of wasting it.

Imagine if companies like AirBnb wanted to verify that the homes registered on their site actually exist and that the owner actually owns the place. The people at Airbnb could book a flight to every single listing but that would be expensive and time consuming. Or they could just contact a trusted local to drive down the street and meet the listing owner for them.

Or imagine you're a band out in SoCal but you want to promote an upcoming gig in New York. Imagine at the push of a button you had a whole fleet of New Yorkers distributing flyers.

My idea is to facilitate this online community of people from around the country/world that can be leveraged to fill your business needs. Whether the people are crowdsourced or if they are trusted people hired by me I don't know.

The business could hire X people in Y locales to do Z. A price is set and some percent is added for my commission.

@nina723 Great idea.

TaskRabbit has already been mentioned but a similar platform with a business services focus could be good.

TaskRabbit has quite a domestic/handyman feel to it, although it does have some relevant categories like 'Event Marketing'.

@nina723 How about a new twist to a Craigslist-like site. Charge an initial fee and an ongoing fee to be able to identify and vet users of an online marketplace. In order to use the marketplace a user needs to go through vetting process.

Back