Build It and They'll Come - Need some feedback on this (paid) LIVE startup course

thea3

Hello.

I'm a successful serial tech entrepreneur looking to offer a step-by-step LIVE course on building successful, scalable and sellable startups. The intended audience is:
  1. People considering launching a startup
  2. Founders of early stage startups (e.g. first 1-3 years)
My question: With all the free resources on startups online (e.g. courses, blog posts), would anyone pay for this course? https://startupsidekick.com/course/

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

@thea3 Landing page kinda bland. Too text heavy.

I wouldn’t pay 300 for the content from some rando on the internet. Build a community / following giving away free content and then funnel them to your passive income course.

@jujube2190 My apologies, I can totally see why this would come across that way but it was not my intention. I didn’t know where else to quickly test out this concept. This “ideas“ startups Subreddit seemed like a good place to get some initial feedback on my test landing page.

@thea3 Where is the the emotional hook? I felt it was too long, I read the first paragraph got distracted and skimmed the rest. Had no emotional reaction at all.

What about offering a free course that has huge value and more in depth courses at a cost. Then you can build trust/credibility. As for the copy ... First line and heading should evoke emotional response. Otherwise it will be lost. Also lead up to this much content. A little wine, maybe a candle lit dinner. Let the person explore your offering with a click to let you know they feel your message.

@jujube2190 Great advice on an emotional hook, free course for trust/credibility and copy! Thank you -- this is precisely the type of advice I was hoping for.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I might have to offer part/all of this for free. I’m struggling to figure out a business model given how many free resources are available online.