CataX for India? (Private Stock Market for Startup)

southwestseeker

https://preview.redd.it/6o38x0c48uk...bp&s=618c980248d6e2c694ba377cad71152f31be95da

Hey Everyone, I am Just 17 so I am inexperienced. Recently I got to know about a company named Carta which Offred services in equity management in US its was like must have services in US at times of 2010s. It also had a marketplace in it which was like a private stock market where VCs and Investor can trade startup equity. Are there any company/startup offering these services in India if not I believe that this could be great idea as a startup for startups as well as Investors, Startup can have new investor and investor can look into new startups. I don't if its Legal or not but while researching online the SEBI allows private stock market in India.

Carta Info bellow

Wiki article: - Carta (software company) - Wikipedia)

Carta About us: - About Carta - Our Story | Carta

Carta Marketplace (CartaX): - What is a Private Stock Market? | Carta

@hfbroady Hey Sry , if it felt like pr i have never posted anything on reddit so tried this way give all the info I have and included an image as it can improve its reach I was trying to validate this idea if it could work in India can pls give any thoughts you have . I got this through YT our future channel was thinking if this could be made into a startup in india

@southwestseeker It is a valid idea. Especially for angel investors in startups. It happens today in any case, through informal channels like brokers. It was rampant before the PayTM IPO many folks were buying vested ESOPs from employees at Paytm. The challenges are mostly on the legal side. Many Startups who take VC capital have a clause in their company which entitles their lead VC to a right to purchase any other shareholders share of the company should the share be up for sale. I think this is called the right of first refusal. This is done to ensure the lead vc can build up ownership and hypothetically protect the founder from rogue investors. But honestly with the rise of micro vcs and the preference towards profitable ventures in the absence of the Tiger Globals and Softbanks of the world, this idea could be in heavy tailwinds right now. If you feel like trying it, now’s a good time. Go after SaaS companies with no exit horizon who are profitable and looking at an IPO in the next 5 years. You should find quite a few now.

@miabby So if we offer this service to a profitable saas company there may be a market where VCs would trade their stake with each other before the ipo
Right I believe you are saying this if you see any wrong in my understanding pls give me your view thnx for replying

Back