Comprehensive list of competing startup accelerator programs with terms and application dates

rosina

EDIT: Made a sortable Notion table of all the accelerator programs below plus a bunch of new ones I found, including some that don't include guaranteed investment.

For anyone wondering about other programs, I compiled as comprehensive a list as I could find.

Applications Currently OPEN
  • OpenAI Converge - Seed-stage program run by the OpenAI Fund. $1M at variable terms. January 26th application deadline for program starting in March.
  • PearX - Early-stage "bootcamp". $250k-$2M at variable terms. Applications currently open for Winter 2024 cohort starting late January.
  • South Park Commons Founder Fellowship - "Pre-idea" program. $400k for 7% plus $600k in the following round. January 12th application deadline for Winter 2024 cohort starting in February.
  • Techstars - City and subject-based accelerator. $20k for 6% plus an optional $100k convertible note. March 6th deadline for "Workforce Development" accelerator, March 27th deadline for Tokyo accelerator.
  • 500 Startups - Both a flagship and many city-based programs. $150k for 6% but they charge $37.5k for the program, so really $112.5k. January 19th deadline for the flagship program.
Late Applications / Rolling Applications
  • AI Grant - $250k on an uncapped SAFE. Applications open "in a few months" but are also open for "early applications" so sticking in the rolling section.
  • AI2 Incubator - Run by the Allen Institute for AI. $30k stipend per cofounder up to $90k total for 9%, plus the option to invest up to an additional $500k for more equity on variable terms. Rolling applications.
  • LAUNCH Accelerator - Jason Calacanis's accelerator for "pre-Series A with some traction". $100k for 6%. Rolling applications for quarterly cohorts.
  • Y Combinator - You know this one. $125k for 7% plus $375K uncapped in the next round. Late applications still open for Winter 2024 batch starting later this month.
Applications Currently CLOSED
  • Accel Atoms - India, SEA, & MENA focused accelerator for companies that have raised less than $2M. $500k investment at variable terms.
  • AngelPad - $120k for 7%
  • Conviction Embed - Accelerator for "AI-Native" startups. $150k uncapped MFN SAFE. Applications open "early [2024]".
  • HF0 - 12 week residency for technical founders. $500k uncapped plus 2.5% fee (they get 2.5% equity plus however much equity the $500k converts to in the next round).
  • NEO Accelerator - $125k for 2.5% plus $500k on an uncapped SAFE with a $10M floor valuation (meaning at most the SAFE converts to an additional 5% equity).
  • Sequoia Arc - Seed-stage accelerator from one of the biggest VCs. $500k-$1M invested at variable terms. Applications open "early 2024".
Let me know if I missed any. I only included ones that come with an up front investment.

@growingbygrace Seed Checks just looks like a clearinghouse for getting pitch decks in front of a bunch of individual investors, not really an accelerator program. EFL doesn't include investment but still looks like a cool program so:
  • Endless Frontier Labs - NO INVESTMENT but mentorship programs for Deep Tech, Life Sciences, and Digital Tech. Apps currently closed, last year's application opened in May.

@growingbygrace Interesting data! But this data is probably skewed because EFL doesn't include investment and they are including pre-seed rounds in their stats, whereas companies that join the other programs have already raised their pre-seed by joining the program. It's a bit like pointing out that your seed-stage companies are more likely to raise their next round than some other firm's Series A stage companies.

@irisbritney I was surprised not to find any that are up to date and that have accurate terms and application info. I got all this info directly from each accelerator website.

@jesuslovesme They have been around for a while but their terms aren't very competitive ($150k for 6% is a $2.5M valuation) and the $37.5k fee they charge eats up a huge amount of the initial capital.

Found another one:
  • AI2 Incubator - Run by the Allen Institute for AI. $30k stipend per cofounder up to $90k total for 9%, plus the option to invest up to an additional $500k for more equity on variable terms. Rolling applications.
The terms info is my best read of their FAQ but if anyone knows otherwise please let me know. Added to the full list.