Day 5- How did your personal interests or skills influence the way you designed or approached your business idea?

huthamcauquan1

The brain fog on this one was *BIG *… spent 30 mins and couldn’t come up with a single supporting question. Finally 😮‍💨 1 hour later this is what i got:

-Can you give a specific example of how your passion for X translated into a feature or aspect of your business?

-Did you identify a gap in the market related to your hobby or area of expertise? How did this shape your business model?

-If you have a background in a particular field (sales, finance, etc.), how did your professional skills help you to approach the challenges of starting a business?

-Did you leverage any creative skills you possess in designing the product, service, or brand identity of your business?

P.S.- got some amazing responses in the past few days. Go check it out.

@huthamcauquan1 I find that most of my ideas grow out of pain points that I experience myself. My latest idea came to me because I wanted a better, more interactive way to collect user feedback. I decided that I would try building a solution to solve this problem, so I'm working on a landing page right now.

However, I think you have to be careful - just because you see a gap, doesn't necessarily mean other people have the same problem. Or maybe they do, but wouldn't want to pay for your solution. So building for yourself is great, but I think you still need to be careful and validate your idea, which is what I'm working on now.