eCommerce backend w/ mobile POS

spud1980

I have an existing website that I want to start taking orders from versus just to display wares. So all I really need is a CC processor/ecommerce solution that lets me add a "Purchase" button to the website, no need for inventory control, etc. Also need the option of a square like device, or a mobile CC capture device, for convention sales, call in orders, etc. There is no B&M, nor will there be most likely.

Ive looked into Shopify, SquareUp, as well as an open source option like opencart coupled w/ something like Authorize. So far, I am looking most at Shopify most keenly as it looks like it would be a good option till I hit about $4300/month in sales.

@spud1980 Shopify is the easy solution here.

You'll be able to swipe cards in person and online. It's $29 per month, plus the typical 2.9% + $.30. Find a high quality Shopify theme on Themeforest, or hire a developer to build a custom solution.

I don't see why $4,300 is the breaking point. Shopify should be your solution for the foreseeable future. They've got higher tiers that have a smaller transaction fee, and even an enterprise level.. but I've never used that.

@eputuis6 I think the only issue Im having is Joomla integration. I built the site with Joomla, and Id really like to keep it. So I might have to just shoehorn the API into it if I can't find a suitable extension/plugin.