Embroidment : A contracted mobile embroidery company

newdiscoveries

Product: Embroidment

Rundown: Embroidment is an embroidery company that contracts production embroidery machines and heat presses to retail business, corporate offices or events. We send machines, different equipment, and a few employees to the contracted locations to perform embroidery along with putting pre-made patches or printed heat transfers on apparel, hats, shoes, bags, etc. We’re able to provide the items for customization or the companies supply their own.

Market: Companies selling/manufacturing apparel, companies with frequent pop up shops, retail stores

Competition: There is no competition in the United States actively promoting this specific business venture with the sole focus on embroidery, and only one company offers embroidery machines. There are other companies that do Direct To Garment or Sublimation printing, it’s a bit more mobile in comparison to embroidery machines. I haven't had much trouble with the mobility of the machines myself though.

Stage of development: I’ve been working on this for over a year now. There have been different events and contracts for American Eagle, Lucky Brand, Adidas, Equinox gym, and a few other smaller companies. We’ve done a few birthdays as well.

Why us: I founded the company based on a previous employer offering this service passively as companies would just inquire if previous employer did such a thing. He agreed to do a few. I’ve done production embroidery for over 5 years and love what I do. The field is filled up mostly of an older demographic. Unfortunately the way clients are treated in this particular field has been worse than any other field I’ve worked in. I wanted to be the change in that, genuinely loving what I do. I’ve had really good success just with word of mouth of finding clients. I try to bring the passion I have for the product to every single customer we've had and made sure their items were perfect.

Where I see Embroidment in 2 years: Hopefully landing more permanent contracts with companies, the longest at the moment has been 4 continuous months of working for one client 6 days a week. I’d like to scale up with that and larger brands.

A website is being worked on and we’ll be focusing on SEO, a blog, and immediately will be working on Instagram. It's a very visual company and I think IG will help us immensely.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Back