Favourite B2B Lead Generation Tactic with FindThatLead + BuiltWith

johnbarry

Here is a favourite B2B lead generation tactic of mine. Super simple and effective.

Shout out to the BuiltWith guys (think they're in here) great tool. Also Gerard of FindThatLead.

This guide is going to detail one of my favourite B2B hacks. Within a few days you can have all of your competitors emails for a couple of $100 bucks. Let’s get started Spying on tools & websites BuiltWith.com is a tool for seeing what technologies websites use. It’s super detailed and even goes to the extent of guessing how much they spend on technologies.

There’s some great data you can get from the tool…
  • SEO ranks
  • Estimated tech Spend
  • The technologies they use!
These three data points alone are absolute gravy for B2B marketers. Here’s why... Complementary products The great thing about BuiltWith is if I type ‘Active Campaign’ in the search bar, you can see BuiltWith has scraped 16,342 URL’s using Active Campaign...perfect.

Next you can download the list of URL’s as a report. The report also contains lot’s of other juicy information including emails, marketing spend, the other they tech use...

Great Tip: If you're aiming for enterprise level clients you can weed out the good ones by ltering by tech spend and Quantcast rank.

-

There are many different types of exports you can do with BuiltWith, I tend to nd most use with just getting the URL’s, so the technology report works best for me.

There is a CRM friendly one which includes emails although I am not to sure how accurate they and or where they get the from, at a guess I think it is to do with the emails registered with the domain. Anyway a list of URL’s is more powerful than you think, here’s why...What do you do with the CSV of URL’s...

Sort the lists by marketing spend / Quantcast rank If you’re selling B2B software these two methods are pretty good gauges of how serious a company is. Theory being, if they already spend a lot then hopefully they are likely to spend it on your tool. Now for the juicy part….With your CSV of URL’s you can do a number of things. Let's take a walk through the options…

FindThatLead Bulk URL lookup

Finding a decent bulk URL checker is quite difficult, especially one that’s accurate, for this I have been using FindThatLead.

It’s good, quite cheap ($0.01/lead), my only criticism isn’t doesn’t pull in rst names, or company names on the bulk import.

Use VA’s to find first names

With the FindThatLead bulk look up and the thousands of emails addresses you now have a a csv of 100’s of emails but no names. If your looking to keep it a bit more personalised you can hire a VA to sort, and search for names, company name and job titles.

Upwork is where I tend to find good VA’s, you can get a VA to do this for $0.05 depending on the number of lookups.

Fully manual VA method

With a decent brief and a direction you can give a VA the list of sorted URL’s. For the VA’s brief, I tend to be specific about which job titles matter most in order of importance.

For example, the product I am generally promoting is a marketing product so in the brief it will say… If company size below 10 (on LinkedIn)

Job titles: Co-founder, CEO, CMO, Head of Growth

If company larger than 10 (on LinkedIn)

Job titles: Head of Growth, Digital Marketing, CMO

Cold Email Automation

I use WoodPecker, haven’t used many other tools so I don’t pretend to know much about the rest but I can’t fault WoodPecker. It’s super simple to use, connects up to gmail and the folllow-ups are easy to implement.

There’s a 14 day free trial which is nice.

Send Cold Emails that don’t suck Be honest about where you got the email from, business folks seem to love it…

Here is a template of the cold email I sent round…[Template]

Hey It's Billy here from Billysnacks.

I found your company via BuiltWith and I noticed you are using Active Campaign - great tool. I thought you might be interested to know, we built a set of tools which help grow the number of leads on your website through running viral competitions. It takes a few minutes to set up and is fully integrated with Active Campaign. Our tool has now helped 1,000's of websites increase their email list size an average of 65%, with Cost per Email Acquisition of $0.03.

It's free to try and I would love for you to take it for a spin.

Check it out here...

We are happy to help on the installation and integration. Let me know what you think?

Thanks Billy

w: billysnacks

As seen on: Hackerpreneur | Tech Crunch |

There you have it.

@johnbarry I'll second Soleadify. I'm using it to find industry specific leads (doing a restaurant marketing campaign currently). I lucked out and got a lifetime deal on SaaS Mantra. Support is great, too.