Feedback for startup idea

johnwebster

I’m looking for some feedback on a product idea I have. I run a blog and I’m constantly frustrated by Google Analytics. I know how valuable the data can be to grow my site, but I simply struggle with navigating the platform and finding the information I need quickly and easily.

I’d therefore like to create a service where you authorize access to your Google Analytics account and then you simply get sent daily or weekly emails (you decide) with a quick summary of your most important KPIs. No more needing to login and waste time trying to find the answer in a sea of data that is frankly overwhelming. You get sent exactly what you need directly to your inbox.

I’m thinking about tailoring this to bloggers. So the information could be:
  • Unique visits
  • Time on site
  • Pageviews
  • Bounce rate
  • Your most visited/popular article of the day/week/month/year:
-Most popular article from Facebook traffic
- Most popular article from Google
  • Your best performing keywords (broken down by page views, bounce rate and time on site)
I’d appreciate some feedback on this idea:
  1. If you think such a service would be useful (would you pay for it)
  2. What would you like to see included in such a report?
Finally, as a thank you for the feedback, once I launch I’d be happy to give you a heavily discounted early adopter price.

Thanks in advance!

@johnwebster Sorry to say but what you described there can already be done in analytics by creating custom reports and scheduling email shares.

That said, you have hit on a bit of a problem that I’ve seen from a lot of Google analytics users. Ie they are so intimidated by the amount of numbers they hesitate to use it. If you created an interface that dumbed the whole thing down, I know a dozen people who would use that tomorrow.

Hope this helps