[Feedback] I'm Giving Away $100 Every Day, Starting Today

thibodeaux

I created an app that holds live quiz/trivia games every day at 8pm ET / 5pm PT. Answer just 5 questions correctly and win (or split) a $100 cash prize.

I'd like to ask for feedback from the r/growmybusiness community on both the app and the business model. Here's some specific questions, but feel free to provide other feedback as well:

App name/link: Genius - Live Quiz Game Show
  1. What do you think of the concept (i.e., giving away money for free)? Is it something that you believe could be a long-term, viable business?
  2. What do you think of the question format? Currently it's general trivia/quiz questions, but would it be better if we became more focused (e.g., one day's game is about movie trivia only, the next day's game is about sports, etc.)? Other ideas?
  3. What do you think of the app design? Tried to make it colorful and playful, but still seem reputable and trustworthy. (App screenshots here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/genius-live-quiz-game-show/id1320659801?ls=1&mt=8&ct=website)
  4. Any recommendations for App Store Optimization? There's currently something weird going on - if you type the app's full name "Genius - Live Quiz Game Show" into the App Store search bar, autocomplete suggests our app as the only option, but our app doesn't appear in the results. However, if you type something like "Genius Live Quiz" our app comes up as the first and only option.

@thibodeaux Good idea...but gonna be tough to compete with HQ which already has a huge head start. My humble advice (that is assuming you don't have the resources to go head-on with HQ) would be to add some sort of twist or offer another type of game (instead of trivia) to differentiate yourself.

@theophilus2019 Any suggestions/ideas for twists? We've got some stuff in the works (different categories, sports stuff, physical prizes, etc.) but would love to hear your thoughts.

Also, it seems like you believe there's only room for one (major) company in this category. But since the games only last ~10 minutes and give away free cash, wouldn't there be room for multiple successful companies?

@thibodeaux No, I think there's definitely room for other competitors, just saying might be worth it to have a twist. Perhaps going after a niche segment of trivia likes Sports or Science and then targeting that specific audience? Either way, I think there's definitely a market for these live "games" so didn't mean to dissuade you on the idea. Just something to think about. But you're right, as long as you're offering some sort of prize, the more the merrier I guess. Best of luck!