[FEEDBACK] - Where Should I Advertise My 6-Week Trip To The Silicon Valley Of China?

kievonn

A few years ago, I was the first Trip Facilitator for Hacker Paradise, a travelling co-working retreat for founders, entrepreneurs and developers.

Today, I've just launched my own 6-week curated trip to discover the Silicon Valley of China – Unlock China. The trip is primarily aimed at forward-thinking entrepreneurs who are intrigued by tech, innovation, startups, and manufacturing in China.

I'm looking for suggestions on where I should be promoting this. So far here's what I'm thinking:
  1. Post on Reddit, Hacker News, ProductHunt (any others I'm missing here?)
  2. I've created a referral rewards system ($150 USD for anyone you refer to the trip who confirms)
  3. I'm looking to create a number of blog posts related to startups, tech, apps in Shenzhen
  4. I'm looking at paid ads in cities such as New York, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Bergen, Amsterdam, etc.
If you were in my shoes, what other things would you do?

@kievonn 100% - Need to do Paid Facebook Ads - Go for newsfeed ads, find someone who knows what they are doing (Upwork if you are on a budget) Potential for leads under a couple hundred dollars I would imagine, but I haven't done FB Ads in that industry before.

@mark1215 Thanks a lot for this! I've been thinking about setting up Facebook ads. I'll find someone on Upwork who can help me with this since I have little experience in that area.