Floaty - A universal cloud platform (Summary and Feature 1/7 for feedback: Video Calls)

joshuad

At work I use slack, zoom, outlook, sharepoint, google drive, you name it- we probably use it. I hate when someone says "I sent it to you", then I have to go look through slack or email to find it. When someone sends me a zoom invite instead of teams. Also, joining calls and ending them are pretty awkward.

I think you get the point. So many tools, I've decided my preferred tools, my colleagues have theirs. I'd like to create a tool that meets everyone in the middle.

I envision a simple google.com style homepage. Your own search bar- with it you can search for any document, conversation, or meeting.

Video calls: If someone sent you a zoom invite, paste the meeting link in the search bar. You can join with Floaty or teams, or zoom or whatever. Before joining, a small window with a few details on the meeting agenda current attendants and duration should pop up. You should be able to check yourself out before joining, maybe you have something stuck in your teeth- and a fun quiz question should appear that your colleagues have already answered or will also answer before you join- providing a quick icebreaker.

Some other calling features specific to orgs should include the option to set up rooms. Perhaps a virtual conference room with some rules automatically muting participants upon joining and assigned seats for presenters so they will occupy most of the chat window space.

A white boarding room with some collaboration tools allowing for whiteboarding and more open collaboration.

The meeting should have an AI note taker and scheduling assistant. If our CEO says "lets meet again sometime this week" Floaty should respond: "You're all available thursday at 2pm, would you like me to cook this".

The end of the meeting should be a debrief, a summary provided by Floaty, and some funny random quotes picked up during the meeting hovering in bubbles (example: "Hey Guys sorry I'm late" ~Peter)

You should also earn awards for ending meetings on time. There's a bunch of features I thought of for Floaty, but tell me your thoughts.

Back