Found a trick that got us higher on ProductHunt

curry0

Note: I think PH will restrict this method at one point.

Straight to the point: Boost your launch on Product Hunt by following the people who reviewed your competitor's app. They will get an email saying you followed them + see your bio, so it's good to have your product's name in your bio as well.

I know how annoying it is to read a post that says nothing — I want to avoid that. Hence, this is a list of actions that actually helped me boost my app (SignHouse) on ProductHunt in the first hour:
  1. Add in brackets to your name: The product you're launching's name or something like "Launching Today!". This is eye candy for point no. 3 on the list
  2. Keep your bio short: Type in your product's name or anything related to it in your bio
  3. Engage with similar people: Those that liked, reviewed, and commented on your competitor's launch or at least on products similar to yours (e.g. in the same industry). Once followed, they'll get a notification via email that you followed → They will see your name + bio → Potential conversion or at least launch post-visit and upvote
Note: There's a limit to how many follows you can give per hour. If you reach that limit and you can't follow anymore, don't panic — simply come back in the next hour and do it all over again.