From Idea to MVP in 1 Hour: Introducing My Affordability Calculator

@donovb1975 I used ChatGPT to create a React application with javascript only, basically for the all code that in the app. I made a couple of tiny fixes like added/cleaned some imports ChatGPT missed.

All calculator logic was created by ChatGPT

@iamsavedbygracethrufaith Pretty UI is pretty difficult for gpt to do.

It could do more complex apps but you gotta supply the logic and guide it step by step and know exactly what to check for because the code it gives tend to be buggy.

What it can't do is think about things like data structures and architecture for you.

In short, yes it can make calculators with almost no effort, but for the rest, think of it more like your intern.

Source, am a software engineer.

@jasonharless This is super cool actually, I love the concept.

In my experience though, mot MVP's can be built with 0$. Just depends how much time you're willing to spend.

Most MVP's can be built through Figma (with their prototyping feature) or even something like softr (which is still a little much). The MVP should be as manual as possible, no costs or developers involved really. It's called an MVP for a reason.

Anyone who's thinking about building an MVP should also be in the right stage. Have you spoke to potential customers about the problem to validate it. Not about the idea but just the problem. mentioning the idea on a call with your ICP brings ego in and decreases the real conversation.

I'm actually making a platform called Ufoundwhich connects founders to founders using their own qualities as an ICP - check it out