Gonna start my own business

maclaren

Hello! Dental student F(24) here and I aspire to start my own dental store. I have already experienced selling of my extra or unused dental materials on fb groups. Kahit ngayon I’m still selling some materials na consumables na may profit ako since bulk ko binili. Na enjoy ko yung process and gusto ko na siya gawin on the side. And to be more profitable, I decided na why not start my own mini dental store. Meron akong konting savings as my capital. I don’t have a mentor but hopefully I can get a bit of guidance dito especially sa may experience :)

I have already started on looking for direct suppliers via Alibaba and looking for logistics/forwarder. But there are still some things I have to learn especially on the shipping. I have been reading reddit posts about other people’s experiences and it got me to overthink. Parang natakot ako bigla but I’m learning my best to learn from other’s mistakes, through YT, other posts here in reddit, any material that can help me understand the system. But I still have questions na sana may makasagot :)

1. When it comes to the shipping, is it better na from the partnered logistics of the supplier ipapaship? Will it be cheaper or medyo mahal pero may peace of mind?

2. I have seen na more on sa North yung mga logistics arrival or yung warehouse ng logistic, I’m currently here sa Las Pinas. Meron po kayo ma recommend na logistics/forwarder or logistics na personally trusted niyo that also does door-to-door?

3. When it comes to pricing, do you have some sort of “formula” that you use? Or do you base on what you feel like considering the cost of materials and shipping?

4. What the best method when paying? Ill be using Alibaba’s Trade assurance pero I’m not sure kung mag Gcash or Debit card po ako.

5. What other topics/materials that should I also need to study?

6. What are the “hidden” things I should know or ask? Dito po ako natatakot haha Baka e take advantage ako lag masyado akong halata na newbie, ano po need ko malaman prior?

Sorry po medyo mahaba, no need to answer all po as I know your time is also valuable. Kahit any information niyo po na pwede e provide then I can do my own research hehe. Thank you po!

@maclaren Start retail, then wholesale, then importer. Starting as an importer, importing unknown and untrusted brands is not a good way to start unless you are carving your own niche.

What kind of items are you planning to sell?

oh btw, if you are looking for a business partner, I might consider this. I can provide warehousing and some basic logistics.