Gratitude - Thank you! I’ve found a line of work I can be passionate about, thanks to all the support here!

sisterdonna

I’ve gone through more than a half dozen business ideas in the last 3 months.

I’ve found “the one”. Roof Cleaning.

I’m now offering roof cleaning & conditioning, moss removal & treatment, gutter cleaning & debris removal, and may add house washing later on.

But honestly, I might just stay on the roofs.

I love it. I’m outside in physically challenging labor that has an adrenaline rush to it. I’m averaging $100/hr. And lot’s of demand in my area. It’s simple work, fairly straightforward, you just have to be super safe. Get insurance yall
lol
I used to rock climb so this is right up my alley. I fucking love it.

I started with a truck, $0 in the bank, and a free table that I flipped for $60.

Just wanted to let you know it’s possible. You just have to try different stuff.

@art84 Kinda depends on location. In my state of California you need to be trained by a certified company for x amount of time in order to take the applicator or branch 1/2/3 test (1 being fumigation, 2 being general pest, 3 being termite)

I got started with Orkin until I had enough hours to apply for my operators license.

Getting hired by a company is the easiest way. There is a revolving door of techs in the industry especially with big guys like Rentokil, Orkin and terminix. People talk shit about Orkin but they have a great training program assuming the branch manager follows it.

They over work their techs though which in turn creates less than ideal services which is why I left and started my own company.

@lady6wheels I’ve 3 business pages ( Google my business, Facebook, Nextdoor). I post regularly on Nextdoor, 50% of my clients come from here. I post on CL and her about 50% of my business from there.

@sisterdonna Good on you! Keep pushing that price though, roof cleaning can average between 150 and 200 an hour normally but this depends on your area and local competition.

Don't be afraid to keep slowly raising your pricing until you find enough pushback to know the limit. After all you are saving customers thousands of dollars by delaying a new roof so this is a very worthwhile service!

Back