Groceries helper web app

bigfranck22

(Updated according to mod's request)

I made a small MVP called Groceries Helper. It's a web app that helps you track your groceries and their prices, as well as helps plan shopping trips.

You can create a list of items that you buy most often, enter their prices for multiple stores, and then you can plan your grocery list by selecting which items, how many and from which store you want to buy. It also calculates the total cost of your list.

The product is aimed at people who budget their shopping trips and want to streamline their shopping-list-making process.

Market size is probably quite big because a lot of people budget their shopping trips and want to save time on making shopping lists.

Competition: Listonic

The main differentiator between Groceries Helper and Listonic is that Groceries Helper allows you to set prices for various stores and calculates the total sum of your grocery cost

I'm currently in MVP and validation stage, trying to gather feedback from people on whether this could be useful. Currently I don't have any expenses but that might change if more people start using it. I'd probably rather go bootstrapped than funded.

Currently my customer acquisition strategy consists of simply sharing this app on various subreddits.

I think I'm well suited for building this app because I'm a fairly experienced developer.

Let me know if you think this could be useful, any feedback appreciated!

@bigfranck22 The point at which I would use an app like this is if I could define a grocery list that I want, and then have the tool go find the current prices at my local Walmart, Meyer, Kroger and others. Please copy/paste this idea into Peerfecter.com for our community to see!

@bigfranck22 online food apps,shopping,etc are tons of app and thye are not profitable people pay money which saves lot of time and boost productivity other wise its not point if anyone can replicate same app with few code i hope you get my pov

@craftyfriend I guess I understand what you're trying to say - the product has little value because it is easy to replicate and doesn't solve an important enough problem. I agree that the app is very simple and can easily be replicated, but I think it solves a problem big enough to warrant usage. Maybe you're misunderstanding the usefulness of the app. If you budget your grocery trips you'd understand how much time it could potentially save you. But either way my goal is not to earn profit but rather to just help people so my success factor would be based on usage and effectiveness and not profit. But still thanks for your feedback, I truly appreciate it!

@bigfranck22 just think someone who had better feautres than you and have higher budget from you customers is not going to download your app to be honest focus on energy on big problems of socieity where people are desparate to pay money like quality food ,energy,healthcare

@craftyfriend Personally I think that lack of time is a problem for a lot of people, which this app helps solve. More time = more opportunity to work on other important problems. Sorry to have turned this into an argument, not trying to convince you of anything, just sharing my opinion.

@bigfranck22 Another interesting customer acquisition strategy for you: monitor specific keywords on Reddit and other social media and jump into the discussions when it's relevant. For example you could monitor "listonic", "track groceries", "grocery price", etc.

You can use kwatch.io for that.