[Help] Choosing the Perfect Platform for Selling eBooks: GumRoad, Hotmart, SendOwl, or Is There Something Better?

lizania

Hi, r/indiebiz community! 👋

I'm about to take a big step in my entrepreneurial journey by launching my own series of eBooks. 📚 I want to make sure I choose the best platform not only to maximize my sales but also to provide the best experience for both me and my future readers. I've done quite a bit of research and have GumRoad, Hotmart, and SendOwl on my radar. According to what I've found, SendOwl seems to have a great reputation.

But before making a decision, I'd love to hear directly from you:
  1. Which platform do you prefer for selling eBooks and why? 🤔
  2. Does anyone have personal experiences (good or bad) with any of these platforms or others you would recommend?
  3. Are there specific details (fees, ease of use, customer outreach) I should consider when choosing a platform?
I'm particularly interested in learning from your personal stories and practical advice. If there's a previous thread that discussed this and you think could be useful, please share the link with me!

Thanks in advance for taking the time to share your wisdom with an aspiring entrepreneur. I'm excited to read your responses and learn from this amazing community!