Here is an idea I typed up. Read from a potential client's POV

faithjoyhope

Dog shit P.I.

Yes. You read that correctly, dog shit private investigator. These guys are going to be your front line of surveillance for the lazy residents in your complex. Here of some FAQs to start you off:

Q: Does your team handle any dog disposal?

A: No. We are only on-premise to catch individuals in the act of not picking up after their animal and send that information directly to you, the apartment management team.

Q: How can you prove the resident is at fault so we are able to fine them for the infraction?

A: Our team will use photo or video evidence of the individual. We will catch them in the act and send all the information to you, the apartment management, team to take action.

Our goal here at Shit Kickers P.I.™ is to provide your residents a poop free zone when they are walking around the premises. We have a few different packages available and these packages can be changed at any time as you will be on a month by month basis with our company.

Not only will we be the best whistleblowers money can buy, but you will also receive an initial supply of dog doo bags and FREE bags for as long as you are a customer. For your first month of service, we will clean, inspect and repair any waste bins on the property. These services will be available to you at any time however they will only be complimentary once every 12 months.

Packages:

10 hours of patrol per month $1,100/month

Initial supply of 10,000 bags

Initial cleaning and maintenance on dog bins (not including materials if needed)

20 hours of patrol per month $1,300/month

Initial cleaning and maintenance on dog bins (not including materials if needed)

40 hours of patrol per month $1,600/month

Placing documentation on all residents doors about the policy

@faithjoyhope Couple things. You start by that you don't handle poop disposals but in your pricing you mention cleaning bins (I think I understand what you mean, but this could be confusing for a potential customer).

Your pricing structure is also a bit weird, you charge $1100 for 10 hours, but only $1600 for 4 times the work. I would consider adjusting your prices to properly reflect the additional time and resources you'd provide.

@brendawwentz The price is something that needs correction you are absolutely correct.

My thinking behind the cleaning and inspecting the bins is to make sure the tenants couldn't say "well the bin is busted or broken". For the same reason, I offer the bags to ensure they always have them in stock.

I wonder if it would be smart to add "will empty bins every other day" or something. I just know that the complexes around here just have the maintenance guys do it.