Hey Guys!! M23 from India trying to setup my own skincare brand

lone

So l have been doing a lot of research about products that I can sell online on Amazon & Flipkart but primarily through my own website and I have finally locked onto skincare. I have contacted suppliers and found some decent ones and they are asking for MOQ of 1000 pcs which is alright I guess to start with. I am thinking about starting with just a single product, if I can turn the inventory in 5 weeks, I will increase my stock and introduce a new product. Now, the challenge here is that I have never done any of this before, all of the knowledge that I have is from the internet and hearsay, I do not have any mentor or anybody to support me in my business, so here I am looking for validation and also how should I go about marketing my product and getting users to buy my product.

I have a budget of 2 lakhs to start with, out of which 1 lakh approx will be spent of the inventory, remaining money I gotta use for company registration, product licensing, setting up shopify, website domains and marketing.

It would be really helpful if I could get some veterans to guide me in the right direction.

@lone Coming from a product based business, here are the things ive noticed:

Packaging, logistics very important

Since your product would go in less qty, I mean, most orders for skin care would be 1/2 units per person, its impt your product packaging feels good in their hands

Logistics because, faster delivery = everyone happy (also returns should be considered)

Since its skin care brand, marketing will play an extreme role in it as well.

You can DM me for any doubts too, I am M23 too, and run a business, and we both can learn from each other.

@lone My assumption is that the product doesn't have much of a differentiation factor and USP compared to the market.

Why don't you look at the drop shipping model first by selecting any existing product and prove that with just the marketing and no specific USP, you can sell the product?

So that your low capital would be better used!

@lone In a similar situation as OP, how to do Instagram brand building and gain organic followers? Should i hire someone from up-work? If so what skills should they have?

@carbon_64 None specifically, just gonna play this on Marketting level to begin with, for example - a face wash for your boyfriend/girlfriend (for gifting), or maybe a deep cleanser for smokers (your lungs feel heavy from all that smoke but your face shouldn’t ), something like this. Since I am not a chemist or a science student I think playing with marketing would be my strong suite, also I was planning on integrating korean skincare ingredients but those were too expensive to begin with, so yeah my edge would he quirky and relatable marketing

@lone Not to discourage you but all the instagram ads I see these days seem to be quirky and relatable. They are all playing on that.
Better product + Great packaging + Decent marketing does the work many of the times but as you are only focused on marketing, I am not sure how it'll play out.

Back