Hey r/Saas founders, I've Made a Free Logo Maker Just for You

godskid1

Long story short - I'm a Lead Software Engineer from NY & I've been working on online logo builder for the past 6 month.

I'm launching it today.

It's nothing fancy but gets the job done.

Backstory: As a multiple startup & business owner it was always a struggle for me to come up with decent logos for my new projects in the early stage. I wanted something quick and cool.

I did the research and didn't find good alternatives since I feel they are overpriced & don't offer free services.

Code:
# www.brandcrowd.com (same as design.com) - $15 per logo
# www.looka.com - $20 per logo
# logoai.com - $30
# smashinglogo.com - $179

Please use it and abuse it. I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers, Dan

@halebobbdotcom It’s more about usability with this too, I guess. For example, as a designer in the past, it would took me quite some time to find a good matching image and put the name together and select some colors and fonts

While here I try to put everything in one place

@godskid1 Congrats on your launch, Dan, that's a significant milestone. I totally get the struggle for finding quick and affordable logos - been there too. I'm eager to try your tool and give some feedback. One thing that comes up immediately though, it would be valuable to see a comparison chart highlighting the uniqueness of your tool against other alternatives. Keep pushing boundaries!

@justasurvivor Hey, thanks for feedback. Honestly I feel the biggest advantage is the ease of use. I really spend a lot of time tweaking ui/ux to make it stand out for user

That’s the case for all my apps.
Other than that I’m gradually adding features, but first need to know what is the highest priority features to add

@godskid1 It’s a great start. However, I believe that some, if not all, great brands' logos are minimalist by design, and your logo builder is using whatever word is being suggested. Try to give options for minimalist designs. Also, add some abstract ideas without “trying too hard.”

@saragozausedto Thanks for the feedback.

App should generate abstract if you leave image field blank or just type abstract. Is it too simple in your opinion?

In my experience logo is something you don’t really care too much in the beginning. Something to not put to much effort and money into.

If startup gets traction - then you can probably afford a professional logo.

Coming from my experience as a sign designer where I worked with multimillion dollar businesses with really simple logos.

Also I’m running a startup with $5k/MMR which uses basic logo. I just wanted to build something for all devs to use