Hi fellow Indies! I created FIRE OS, the first Notion finance tracker and dashboard dedicated to those who want to achieve Financial Independence

admissioninfo

Hi Redditors,​

My name is Elena, and I’m the creator of FIRE OS.

I’ll be honest with you: I’ve been active on reddit for over 6 years and and this is my first promotional post here. So I’m a bit nervous and have no clue what to expect.

But I’ve been passionate about the FIRE movement for quite some time now and I want to share with you a tool that I made to help people achieve their financial independence and early retirement goals better, and faster.

So my goal is to help people get more organized, efficient, and motivated with their finances. And to showcase something that I'm proud of :).

So, what is FIRE OS?

FIRE OS is a complete Notion dashboard for planning, tracking, and managing your FIRE journey.

Like countless other products, this dashboard was born out of sheer necessity: I needed a complete system to meticulously plan, log, and track my FIRE journey. Since I love Notion and its potential, I used it to create one myself.

My vision for this template was to build it on the core principles of the Financial Independence /Retire Early movement. As a result, FIRE OS allows you to take control of your finances and, simply put, to spend less, save more, and invest better.

The template is not free, but it is worth every penny. It costs $39, which is a one-time payment for lifetime access and updates. That’s less than a dollar per week for a year.

Why should you pay for it when there are countless other finance trackers out there, some of them completely free? Because this is not just a generic . This is a comprehensive, powerful, and intuitive tool that will help you take control of your finances and achieve your FIRE dreams.

What’s included:

Income tracking. Log your income from various sources, such as salary, dividends, interest, etc. View your income trends over time and see how they compare to your expenses.

Expense tracking. FIRE OS helps you track your expenses in detail, with in-built labels for 49 different types and 12 main categories such as housing, transportation, entertainment, etc. Keep an eye on your spending habits and identify areas where you can save more.

Budget tracking. Set a budget for each expense type and monitor your progress throughout the month. Check how much you have left to spend in each category, then adjust your spending accordingly.

Savings and investments tracking. FIRE OS enables you to track your savings and investments with real-time price updates on stocks, commodities and crypto via a simple integration. Watch your net worth change over time and reflect your FIRE strategy.

Savings goal tracking. Stay motivated by setting savings goals for specific accounts and purposes, such as HYSA, Roth IRA or buying a house, traveling the world, and/or retiring early. See how much you need to save each month to reach your goals and how close you are to achieving them.

Debt payoff tracking. FIRE OS enables you to track your debt balances and payments for various types of debt, such as credit cards, student loans, mortgages, etc. View your debt payoff progress over time as well as how much interest you are saving by paying off your debt faster.

Yearly reports. Generate yearly reports that summarize your financial performance for each year. You can see your net income, expenses, savings and investments for each year and compare them to previous years.

A directory of the best FIRE calculators. FIRE OS comes with a database of the most reputable FIRE calculators that can help you estimate how long it will take you to reach FIRE based on your current financial situation and assumptions.

A custom Google Sheets FIRE simulator. The dashboard includes a custom Google Sheets FIRE simulator that allows you to play with different scenarios and see how they affect your FIRE journey. You can save it to your own drive and edit variables such as income growth rate, inflation rate, withdrawal rate, etc. to see how they impact your FIRE date and portfolio size.

A section with resources for achieving FIRE. FIRE OS comes with 40+ resources, such as a basic outline of FIRE steps, how to calculate your FIRE number, how to recalibrate your financial thermostat, how to create a FIRE plan, a FIRE plan template, FIRE books, communities etc.

It's a complex dashboard that's intuitive to use and easy to automate.

If the template is not free, why should I buy it?

I get it, paying for a Notion template might seem like a whim rather than a necessity. But in this case, it’s not. FIRE OS will save you hours of time and hassle that you would otherwise spend on creating your own spreadsheets or using multiple apps to track your finances.

This dashboard will also help you stay focused and motivated on your FIRE journey by giving you clear feedback on your progress and goals. You will be able to see how every dollar you earn or spend affects your FIRE date and portfolio size.

Besides helping you track and manage your finances, it will educate you on the basics of FIRE and provide you with valuable resources to improve your financial literacy.

IMO, this template is not just a tool, it’s an investment in yourself and your future.

If you’ve made it so far, thank you for your interest! I’d love to answer any questions you might have. Also, I’d appreciate your feedback or tips on how I can make it even better.

Thank you!

@azmaveth Hi, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! I am aware of Amazon's product and the name similarity, however, I didn't consider it a problem since, in my case, the name is an acronym (Financial Independence Retiring Early, the FIRE concept and movement) hence the capitalization; they're also two different products in two different industries.

Though, I update the branding and add another element to the name's spelling to better highlight these differences.

Thanks again, enjoy your weekend!

(Edit: two words)