Hi I’m a handmade business owner looking for marketing ideas/ post covid entrepreneurship advice

originalnex

Hello I’m a handmade maker, and I’ve been selling my handmade products at flea markets and various in-person small venues for years. I was hit pretty hard due to covid in the last past 2 years so i wanted to switch to ecommerce and try to bring my business to my customers. Well unfortunately I’ve made far less as an online store than I did in person. So I closed shop but I’d like to go back because it’s hard to give up on something so much time and effort went into. Idk really what to do to get back into the game because I just feel so deflated from having to switch to a method that’s just outside of the scope of my abilities and I don’t know what portions of my business need to be delegated or fixed or where to find reasonable assistance with working those things out trips to Google are a advertisement nightmare and everybody’s selling some ridiculous overpriced course, or makes it seem like it’s just as easy as A,B, C If anyone has been in my shoes and maybe has some advise id happily listen. Not trying to promote myself but I’ve included my website here if you guys wanted to see it to get a better idea of what I’m working with, I do everything myself so please be kind www.kauibeautylimited.com

@originalnex Be active in twitter and marketing your products. Ask your friends to help you retweet it and be consistent with it you would start getting buyers. When you start growing, build a small website and Monetize it with Hydro online for extra revenue as users visit and spend time.

@originalnex Selling in person is MUCH different than selling online. A new skillset has to be built to be able to market and sell with your website and on social media platforms. After skimming your socials and website, it was clear what you sell, but the intricate details and the reasons to buy were buried in your content. As an onlooker and mindless scroller, if I don't know why I am seeing what I am seeing, what is this product and how does it apply to me, I will scroll on by. Unlike at an in person venue where you can verbally communicate the properties of what makes your product the best. I'm not saying anyone can make the cosmetic products you do at your eco-conscious level. However, I will be quickly moving on if nothing is keeping me from your brand as other people offer eco-friendly products. If you can properly tell me WHY you, WHY your product, and WHAT it can do for me, in the first glance at your homepage, you'd see some success there, That goes towards SEO, but when it comes to wanting to get back in the game in the form of online retail, it is quite complicated but processes can be broken down and focusing on one aspect at a time. Then, your scope of abilities will all of sudden become broad and you'll be able to do what you need to do. SEO, branding, marketing and effective messaging all work together to get your product from your website, and onto the front doorstep of a customer. Don't be afraid to reach out to anyone, we want to see you succeed!