How do you all handle negative reviews?

dw_in_ar

How do you all handle negative reviews? I’ve seen earlier posts on this but I wonder if anything has changed since then. Yelp and Google might have gotten better at taking down fake reviews, chatGPT and AI makes writing a lot easier, maybe there are new tools, etc.

I run a small business that has reviews on Yelp and Google, but there are plenty of places where different types of small businesses get reviews like TripAdvisor, AirBnB, and Amazon. Maybe I can borrow a solution from how those negative reviews are addressed if anyone has any.

Earlier posts:

@dw_in_ar You can reply to negative reviews, and if they have published fake reviews, you should confront them. Additionally, you can report those reviews.

Moreover, you can reply to a negative review, and if a fake review has been published, you should confront the person who posted it.

@dw_in_ar by...

a) acknowledging that no one on earth gets 100% positive reviews, and that negative ones are just part of the game (important for peace of mind too).

b) ensuring that positive reviews outweigh negative ones by a 9-to-1 ratio; this includes actively encouraging everyone of my customers to leave a review.

ps: if you've got less than 80% positive reviews, you don't have a review problem, but a quality/value problem.