How I Summarized Social Media in 3 Steps

jlondon33

I want to just get to the point and I'm tired of seeing the same thing over and over. Here's what I did:
  1. Similarity Grouping - So many headlines and microblogs essentially say the same thing. I only want to see it once.
  2. Summarization - Most posts can be a sentence.
  3. Topic Modeling - Discover topics within the summaries.
Link below, would greatly appreciate any and all feedback!

https://shortsnip.com

@jlondon33 Seems like a pretty cool idea. I like that you can get a rundown of current events really quickly, and that you provide sources for each of them. It would be nice if there were links to each source in case I'm interested in checking it or reading more.

It takes quite a while for the initial set of articles to load (at least for me). I would recommend decreasing the number of articles that are initially shown and rely on the lazy scroll behavior if the user is interested in more.

The value proposition of signing up is not clear from the homepage. I didn't understand why you would sign up until visiting the about page. Maybe you could add a pin icon on snips and then prompt the user to sign up/login when the click it.

Also, sign in and join feel synonymous to me, usually I see register and sign up/join separated instead.

Hope my feedback was helpful! If it was, I'd love some feedback on my website (I recently posted in the subreddit), cheers!