How I'll get >25 Customers for a SaaS using MailerLite Emil Marketing Tool

noarque

Hey indiehackers!

I'm Ricky, aka The Brewing Marketer, and I'm here to spill the coffee beans on a game-changing strategy that harnesses the power of MailerLite for your SaaS growth.

In a nutshell, I'll show you how to transform your business using MailerLite, a super cool email marketing tool, to create a top-notch email marketing strategy. I'm aiming to score a solid 25 paying customers for my business in the next 3 to 6 months.

This post was originally written as rebranded version of newsletter SaaS Tools Playbook (STP) where I pick a new SaaS marketing tool and show you how to grow your SaaS business with the tool. I'd love your feedback and inputs on what you think about the strategy!

Here’s how I will go about it:
  • I will research the best features offered by MailerLite
  • I will build a marketing case to use MailerLite for your business and set objectives
  • I will build a marketing strategy and a marketing plan with a set of activities with MailerLite

What are some of the best features offered by MailerLite?​

From my research, I understand that MailerLite differentiates at these 3 things: I always see how a marketing tool is different. It’s best to utilize a tool on their strength.
  1. Lead Capture through websites, sign up forms, iPad event captures, and built-in email verification
  2. Build Automated Workflows (Use Transaction Emails)
  3. Sell Products via Email Integrations

Building a Marketing Case for using MailerLite to Grow a Business​

Timeline: 3-6 months

Objective: To get a minimum 25 (and this is a conservative figure) recurring paying customers from the campaign

Identifying the Costs involved:​

• Although a free plan will work, I would go for a monthly Growing Business plan to get my activities right.
  • To get 25 recurring paying customers and assuming a 2% conversion rate, I will need to have a list of 1250 free subscribers. However, I will go for an extended limit of 2500 customers (what if I get a higher number of free users than planned).
  • For a period of 3-6 months, this will cost me $75 - $150. I will again go here for an upper limit of $150
Additional Costs (optional):
  • $99 for Ahrefs
  • Development cost for free tools ($299)
Total Costs: $150-$500 depending on your business type.

Expected ROI:

To break even for a max budget of $500 budget, let’s analyze the pricing point of $20 per sale for your 25 customers.
  • Anything over a $20 price point is a profit
  • Anything over 25 customers is a profit
  • Any recurring payment going forward is a profit
  • Any upsells or cross sells going forward is a profit
To break even for a $150 budget, let’s analyze the pricing point of $20 per sale for your 25 customers.
  • Anything over 6 customers with $20 price point is a profit
  • Anything over $20 price point is a profit
  • Any recurring payment going forward is a profit
  • Any upsells or cross sells going forward is a profit

My Marketing Strategy and Plan of Action to use MailerLite for a Business​

Here’s what I will do to grow a business with MailerLite:

Step 1: Build a Freebie and use MailerLite to Collect Leads​

This is the first step to build an effective email strategy. My best idea of a freebie is a free tool that is solving a specific problem for your target audience.

Here are some ideas:
  • Use a keyword research tool Ahrefs to build a free tool with keywords that have a decent volume (around 1k visitors per month) and DR