How my AI streetwear brand got it's first two sales with facebooka ds

abzin44

Last weekend I launched a streetwear brand on Shopify. The tagline is "AI-designed t-shirts, curated by humans."

Customers enter a t-shirt idea as a prompt at checkout (i added a prompt box using custom liquid code and zip it over to Midjourney using make.com). Then I pick the best generation or massage the prompt for better output. Next I got into Lightroom and spruce the design up. I then fulfill it with my streetwear printers in LA.

Customers don't see the design until it lands at their door. It's super fun!

I'm spending $50/day on promoting 3 simple single image creatives. After 2 days here's my results:

Audience: Dynamic targeting

Multi-advertiser placements: no

Ad objective: Sales

Reach: 12,717

CPC: $2.97

Ad spend: $97.6

Net sales: $103

Avg margin: 54%

Conversions from marketing: 2

Takeaways:
  • Facebook picked one creative as the clear winner. It spent 80% of budget on this one and led to 2 conversions.
  • If you don't get any conversions in the first 3 days, cut the ad
  • 95% of clicks were on FB feed. Everything else was a waste of $. FB does a good job now spending on the best placements
  • clicks skewed 40+ and male. could be a function of who spends money on FB but I was surprised audience wasn't younger.
  • Overall I learned you need to let Facebook run with what you give it. I wasted $150 testing catalogue ads that had poor engagement and no conversions.
  • Always link directly to the product. Ads linking to homepage never converted
Next steps:
  • test winning ad on IG
  • test more creatives
  • should I narrow audience to 40+ and male? I assume dynamic targeting will account for this
I'm using Social Snowball for affiliate marketing. Not enough orders fulfilled to measure results yet but I have 4 word of mouth purchases from twitter and email list.

What are you guys interested in hearing more about?

Disclaimer: I'm not shilling anything. I will happily dm you link to my store or any data if you're curious and want to take a look!