How my own SaaS got me my first 10 customers?

timotheous

Hey,

So this is gonna be a short post on how my own product got me my first 10 customers that are with me for the past 3 months and deriving value off of it.

After talking to people and doing some experiments of my own I came to the conclusion that the only way you can find business/ build customers on Reddit is by building reputation and relationships.

A good process is:

Step 1 - Engage: This happens by commenting helpful/relevant stuff on posts and engaging with the people through that.

Step 2 - Make conversations / solve problems : almost everyone wants their problem solved here, you just need to ask them, invest a little time for a conversation.

Step 3 - Propose your solution: Once you see that the person you are talking to has the problem you are solving and they have had conversation with you, just propose your solution.

Doing the above is the only thing that has literally worked for everyone who have find customers and made money on Reddit.

---

Coming to my SaaS, after talking to these people and doing the things they did for a while (about 3 weeks) I could see the power and the compounding effect of engaging in relevant subReddits. I could see myself getting almost 1 conversation daily and some high ticket customers as well.

After doing this for a while I could notice a pattern that I was exhibiting while engaging and this encouraged me to automate stuff. What I did was that I automated the first engagement (first touch) with people using openAI's gpt-4. A simple tool that would drop a comment "like me" and then when I would receive a reply I would take the conversation in my hands after that.

Surprisingly, I then scaled this process using my automation with 3 different accounts and started getting 10-15 replies/conversation daily. It really got me REAL people and a lot of them had the pain I was solving.

Eventually, I made a SaaS out of this and started talking to people who also wanted something like this. I started selling it for $7/month and by just using my own SaaS for engagement I got first 10 customers in about 2 weeks. The amazing thing is I have had no one leave the product yet for past 3 months which gets me excited as it shows they are getting some value.

I closed 3 customers yesterday itself, I feel because its a low ticket high value product, people find this exciting.

@timotheous I'm a bit late on this thread, but this is fun to read. Many people throw figures but sharing your growth journey is encouraging and I wish you more success.