I’m 16 and want to sell an e-book, I need advice

blast0102

So I’ve recently found out about selling digital products and making passive income and obviously instantly became interested and started doing tons of research.

I have a small business making jewelry and I was like why not make a book about how to make jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, etc.

I just needed some opinions on the idea like if it would sell or not and where to even sell the book and much much I should sell it for or even your own experiences in selling digital products! Anything helps thank you!!

@blast0102 I think the best thing you should do at first is starting a YouTube channel and a tiktok account (especially a tiktok account) where you make jewelry, maybe some uncut process on yt and fast fitted edited on tiktok, build a follow. Then sell them the ebook, doing that you see 1-if there are people interested, if people don’t even subscribe to you they will never buy a product about it 2-you have people interested in what you sell and you already have contact with them, so instead of spending in marketing you become a niche influencer. Then like other people said you can sell tools kit, then you have to find a way to make it a monthly subscription, it’s better creating a platform where people can directly contact you (like a discord server) and ask for advice and other tips to make jewelry. You can make it 1$ a month. 1000 people are 1k a month, plus the sales of the e book let’s say 10$ another 10k plus the kit (this point is more complicated you have to find a good kit that you can resell, be aware that it has to be good quality or you will lose the customer). You see if you sell 1000 e book a 10$ each you make 10k but if you have a monthly subscription of only 1$ for 1000 persone you make 12k in a year. It’s better offering a periodic service than selling one time.

@blast0102 Go for it. Seriously. It’s a niche market and you’ve clearly got experience. Presell it to see if you get any sales and then build it! I did this with a product and no one bought it when I tried to presell so no need to make it now!

@blast0102 You could try selling it through channels like Amazon, Etsy, etc, or your current store. As someone else mentioned it would probably come down to your reach.

You could also potentially give the book away for free (as a lead/email capture) and sell pre-made kits that include all the necessary items to make the jewelry you teach (and link to them within the book). Doubles as a way to increase reach and also increase sales.

@blast0102 Business is not about the product (initially), it's about the following.

Spend your time building up an online presence (blogging or YT channel for example), and then create an ebook for your audience once you have one. That's how you do it.