I am building a way to easily find leads on Reddit

whizzer

Hey guys, I am building MentionFunnel, which is an app that will help you easily find leads on Reddit

Basically the way it works is that you can enter keywords ("X alternative", "tool for Y", "create Z" etc.) and pick subreddits that are relevant to you. When someone mentions one of your keywords in these subreddits you will get notified. You can then reply to their post / comment or send them a private message all from within the app. The plan is to add features that will make this quick and easy (automation, templates etc.)

I know what you are thinking: "this already exists" and "why not just use f5bot / other tool". I've tried them all, but I couldn't find 1 that does what I want: make the process of finding leads and converting them into customers as easy and low effort as possible. This is why I am making my own that will do exactly this (and I'm a developer, we always want to build our own version lol).

I've created a landing page showing what the MVP could possibly look like. Keep in mind stuff like the pricing is just made up for now and it's missing all the features that will be added after the MVP is finished. Anyway, if this sounds interesting to you then check it out and sign up for the waiting list (planning to launch within the next month) 🙏

Let me know what you guys think 😄 very interested to hear your feedback

@whizzer Pricing page is where I go to understand what a tool/product actually does.

I suggest you make it as detailed and real as possible. Otherwise you're testing copy, how much intrigue it creates, etc.

@whizzer as a consumer if this way of marketing get popular i know already im going to get frustrated by being bombarded buy bots spamming me every time i mention a keyword on social media

@whizzer Nice idea, I was thinking about building this tool. There is one idea that might be good as improvement, integrate not only with Reddit, maybe to search also on Twitter.

Btw, how do you get new posts/mentions? Are you using cron to fetch new posts and compare mentions or some different approach?

@randy229812 Thanks! Yeah definitely planning on adding new platforms in the future (Twitter will probably be the first) 😄

I don't use a cron job, since I'm fetching more than once per minute. It's really simple, I just fetch X comments/submissons every Y seconds (within Reddit's rate limit) and check them for keyword mentions. Checking for mentions is done with the Aho–Corasick algorithm.