I built a social listening tool to help find leads on Reddit, Hacker News and Twitter

whizzer

Hey guys, I am building MentionFunnel, which is a social listening tool for Reddit, Hacker News and Twitter. I posted about it on here ~2 months ago and people seemed to be interested. I launched it about a month ago and in the meantime added HN and Twitter, polished up everything and got my first paying customer 🥳

Basically the way it works is that you can enter keywords ("X alternative", "tool for Y", "create Z" etc.) and pick subreddits that are relevant to you. When someone mentions one of your keywords in these subreddits you will get notified in the app or on Slack/Discord for example. You can then reply to their post / comment or send them a private message all from within the app. It even has message templates.

My plan for now is to grow the number of users and let user feedback guide features I will build next. One feature that has been requested is a more granular search for Reddit and HN (with Twitter you can do stuff like "keyword1 -keyword2 -is:retweet" (contains keyword1 and not keyword 2 and isn't a retweet)).