I built a website to browse classic video games on eBay

mangomint

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share a website called VGMarketplace that I built over the last couple months.

I don't have any retro game shops in my area and really miss the fun of shopping in them. To try and recreate that experience, I built the site to browse games listed on eBay. The site is organized around game libraries grouped by their consoles. For example, every Nintendo 64 game is listed, and you can click on any game to see what's available for sale on eBay.

Right now the site has all North American games for the following systems, but I'll be adding more until all consoles are available. If there's interest I'll also add EU and JP regions.
  • SNES
  • Nintendo 64
  • Wii U
  • Virtual Boy
  • PlayStation 1
  • Sega CD
  • 32X
  • Saturn
  • Dreamcast
I'd love to make this useful and fun for others. Let me know if you have any requests or feedback (good or bad).

@mangomint This is super awesome and neat mate! I wonder how are you collecting the data. Are these ebay apis or did you manually create the entire dataset? Also, one other thing that you can do is signup with some sort of affiliate marketing with eBay so that you can start earning side income from this side project.

Back