I don't recommend Lightspeed Retail/eCommerce -former technical support

rwg319

Background: (throwaway account)Not directly an employee but through an outsource company in the Philippines. I'm under Lightspeed account starting from Onsite and Retail, then eCommerce. I apologize for the bad format and grammar, this is my first time posting.

Problem with Support

• Few supports agents available which results to long wait time and resolution.

• Billing/Sales support is not available via phone/chat due to limited number of agents

• Account Managers are unresponsive (some will take months to get a response)

• Lack of training, refreshers and resources.

Working with Lightspeed as Technical Support

• Few agents available to take on the call or chat queue

• Due to limited number or agents, each agent will have a maximum of 3 chats, this is stressful if two customer requires remote access, this will also mean, you won’t be able to respond to all customer with 3-5 minutes and QA will fail your session

• English only speaking agents are forced to handle other languages on chat and rely on translation. This is challenging for eCommerce since the browser doesn’t always translate properly • Merchants are reaching out to tech support chat/phone for their billing issues.

• Billing department can be only contacted via email but their response time will take 5 days and they are not available on weekends. Merchants will now then use the technical support for their billing concern, tech support will have to consult their case via slack which will take hours to get an answer.

• Lightspeed off shore their tech support in the Philippines under the company named SSG(Support Services Group), they are notoriously the worst possible company in handling Lightspeed due to skillset required. New agents will have to learn the following ----R-Series(Retail), C-Series(eCom), E-Series(eCom), Lightspeed Loyalty, Lightspeed Accounting, Lightspeed Analytics (there’s no classroom type of training and it’s mostly confluence article)

• New agents only get paid 21,000php per month approx 500 $CAD – tenure agents gets 22k-23k. Low yearly increase, during covid for 2 years, no increase at all. No work from home allowance. •The skillset needed are equivalent to tech III support in other companies which are mostly paid around 40k-50k.

• Lightspeed as an account have the ability to increase the rates but only promises were made that they are working on it.They were able to increase it before pre-covid.

• New agents doesn’t last long and the tenure agents already resigned. Massive resignation since January 2023. Lightspeed Restaurant have only one agent for midshift, and the support will be down when the agent goes on lunch or break.

• Some agents no longer have Team Leaders

• Agents that need help on slack for troubleshooting during the call will get a response in several hours. Imagine as merchant using Lightspeed Payment terminal and resolution would be beyond 24 hours. For weekend, earliest response will by Monday or none at all since it’s covered up by recent postings

Problem with the platform

• Merchants are forced to use Lightspeed Payments which is pricey and if you’re going to use another payment integration you will still be charged.

• Fraud detection is done manually (based on observation)

• Several reporting issues that will affect accounting, example historical data doesn’t give accurate info, line items will have 0 cost, (needs to be manually updated). Inventories doesn’t sync to eCommerce

• Reports won’t sync to from Lightspeed Accounting to other accounting platform which will result in manually adding the info in accounting platform.

• Lighspeed Payments have an ongoing issue with duplicate charges and it’s still not resolved until today. The problem exist since the processor was released.(around 2-3years, ago)

• Inventory sync issues between C-Series and R-Series, popular one is cancelled/Refunded order in C-Series doesn’t update quantity in R-Series. Another is the usage of Discount Rule which won't display the strikethrough discount. Note; Discount Rule is an add-on • No partial refund for C-Series (Lightspeed Payments)

• New checkout have several issues on mobile, like payment processing are not showing up.Inventory count with more than 1000 items won’t reconcile all of it. Imagine manually checking which item didn’t update.

• LS Payment terminal’s connection with Retail POS app on the iPad keeps disconnecting• No option to undo your imports

• Events log eCom(C-Series) is very limited

• Several bugs are not resolved, they are normally scrub after a year if developers can’t to resolve it.

• There’s a loooooot of issues within the platform, I have dealt with new merchants who are disappointed in discovering the limitations of the platform.

• For existing customer with both R&C Series, prepare yourself for the E-Series migration. C-Series will be depreciated soon. It was supposed to start on March 2023 but delayed.

TLDR: Lightspeed is expensive and a bad platform for business. Support is the worst due to limited number of agents, lack of training and compensation. I highly don’t recommend this to small business.Employee per country before I resign = 8 montreal 8 Belfast 50+ philippines

@nathanbmajor7 As a customer of Lightspeed, everything they mentioned rings true. Pretty bad tech support. There are "known bugs we're working on" in Lighspeed that have existed for *years*... And tech support is horrendous.