I have analyzed 100+ SaaS websites, and these are some of the most common problems I can see in their homepage copy

I was a solo product/ growth marketing manager for mid-size SaaS startups for 4 years. Website was directly under my KPIs and we ran multiple A/B tests to increase conversions and decrease the bounce rate. + I started my own thing as a conversion copywriter last year. And, I work with Saas companies with $50m+ annual revenue and fix their website, emails, and Ads. You can check all this on my profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/copywritingexamples/
  • The hero section is so monotonous that it’s worse than the AI-generated version of it. One headline has 5 complex words that nobody understands. Not even the customers.
  • I scroll through the first 4 sections of the site, and there’s no mention of what the product does. Social proof is important but won’t make much sense till I know what you do.
  • Testimonials are at the bottom of the page while the benefits of the product are at the top. Ideally, I would like to see them both together. One testimonial per benefit.
  • No pictures, or brand names in testimonials. I want to see a picture of your happy customer along with the brand logo.
  • So many links on the homepage that make it more like a Linktree than a landing page. Your homepage should have one goal. If the goal is to make it a repository of all important sections, focus on that. But, if the goal is to persuade users to book a demo, jump on a call, etc. then make sure every element works towards that one goal.
  • You need one power call to action with a persuasive copy that repeats throughout the homepage.
  • Don't confuse the user by placing multiple CTAs (call to action) in the same place.
  • The most important lesson in UX copy is to keep the color for your main call to action the same throughout the homepage. This has been tried and tested by some of the best A/B testing agencies and worked like a charm for me in all my previous projects.
  • Your design elements and structure should support your website copy. This could be a reason for a higher bounce rate on your homepage.
  • Your homepage needs more social proof. Use your case studies to create a user story for your hompage.
  • Your homepage needs more social proof. Use your case studies to create a user story for your homepage.

@chinyere hey, yes, my bad, I'll edit the main post and add my background. I was a solo product/ growth marketing manager for mid-size SaaS startups. Website was directly under my KPIs and we ran multiple A/B tests to increase conversions and decrease the bounce rate. + I started my own thing as a conversion copywriter last year. And, I work with Saas companies with $50+ annual revenue and fix their website, emails, and Ads. You can check all this on my profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/copywritingexamples/

@chinyere dude, get it together. i literally had 0 links in my post and then you were worried about my authority. i added my authority and now you call it self promotion.

@667083 I’m not shitting on you, but your funnel is clearly, post on subreddit, people click on profile to check you out, where you have links in your bio. It’s clearly self promotion. Again, not shitting on you, but he’s not wrong.

@angie826 You’re reaching here. Yes she’s clearly in the business of writing copy but this isn’t just a cheap self promoting post. 1) the original post had no links to her profile. Only after being asked did she share the link. 2) very few users actually click on profiles on reddit… most just read the post and move on, particularly when there’s no explicit CTA. 3) she’s been providing thoughtful advice to people posting their websites in the comments. All in all far from blatant self promotion. Seems more like you’re just projecting a preconception you have

@craigp I analyzed the top 100 cloud SaaS by Forbes and trust me, most of them don't pay attention to their website homepage. So, I feel, as the companies get bigger, their website messaging becomes generic.

@667083 Definitely.

I worked with tons of SMBs when I was at a marketing agency, and the same can be said for many of them, too.

Generic “Service with a smile” or “In business since 1997” or similar.

Things that say nothing about the problem they solve. Doesn’t speak to customers pain points and doesn’t differentiate them from competitors.

@krimsonthornz
  1. what makes Zetique the ideal bookkeeping solution? I'd like to know the answer in your headline.
  2. you say transparent pricing but I can't see the prices on the website.
  3. I understand that there's no way you can show a glimpse of what you create for customers because of security issues. but, can you show what you create under each category (monthly full cycle, full payroll, etc.) with dummy data? and, if I can see a glimpse on the homepage itself, nothing better than that.
  4. 'let's shape your books' is a very passive CTA, and doesn't persuade users to take action. Unfortunately, this CTA only works for users who are already convinced about your services, not the ones who are still searching.
  5. 'We provide the ideal bookkeeping solution that adapts...' the subheadline makes no sense to me. Just big words that only you understand and could vary according to context. Can you add how much time and money you saved for clients with your bookkeeping solution? or maybe some numbers to show your results.
  6. 'launch your bookkeeping adventure' is not a great CTA. people don't usually see this as an adventure. this is a really time-consuming job and they just want to organize all of their books for mental peace. they also want to look at their internal data in a better way, do better analysis, and make better decisions. if your CTA directly talks to a customer looking for a solution like this, they'll click on it. please keep it realistic.
  7. i don't see your website homepage addressing how bookkeeping is not that exciting and could be a nightmare for some people.
there are just so many points. I can go on and on. But, I feel that a great starting point would be sending a survey to existing customers and understanding why they decided to go ahead with Zetique. there's a lack of clarity and you should first write down your Jobs to be done based on customer interviews/surveys.

@michael57 Hey, some points-
  1. You have a lot of text on your homepage that's not organized or edited.
  2. There's no story, no flow, and it feels like I am reading the summary of a blog.
  3. The part where you show how the extension works doesn't look really well on mobile. Text overrides the image block somewhere and it looks like a GIF but everything moves so fast, I can't figure out what it does.
  4. You have great headlines (like saving this much time and money), please use that at the top fold of your homepage.
    Your sub headline also needs to be short.
  5. Can you tell me how your solution works with different platforms?. For example, LinkedIn, Grammarly, Twitter. I'd like to see an example so that I can connect it to daily use. I can see you have an example for LinkedIn but it's really generic. Maybe add better message templates?
  6. Testimonials are great but you can actually use them to write a better headline.
  7. 5-star reviews, 2k users, where can I see them? Which platform?
  8. You can also show how these customers actually use your extension instead of just adding a testimonial. Video will be great.
  9. The space where you show how we can leverage it for AI based tools, I would love to see a visual example. Like, just add the most popular GPT tool (based on your target audience) and show a quick example.
  10. How simple is the integration with platforms? How much time it takes? Is the setup complex?
You have a great extension but please make your homepage better (both copy and design wise) otherwise, people will get irritated in the first few seconds and leave.

Hope this feedback helps, i didn't sugar-coat it.

@667083 This is really helpful feedback and good points to consider, I already saved this to marketing roadmap for the future improvements and sent you connection request, thank you very much!

Back