I just realized the app I use to send invoices was sending out reminders at the 3, 5, and 7 day mark

gbhar

I'm horrified! Dudes, like payment should be within 14-30 days in my industry, I can't believe I didn't realize my settings were doing that.

Thank god a dude I just did work for let me know. I should have been more on top of that.

It's only affected a few clients so far, so I'm not going to beat myself up tooooo bad (just a lot, not a whole shit ton).

Keep sweatin'!

@gbhar Pro tip: always be your own first registered /subscribed / paying customer. Receive all the default communications your platform sends out to customers this way, so you can catch weird behaviour quickly.

@gbhar Haha oh man I can imagine you may feel embarassed. If it's only a few customers maybe shoot them an email apologizing for the incorrect automatic reply feature etc.

@michelletyanna I second this. Sometimes, you want to just leave things be and not call attention to it, but it can be a sign of proactive professionalism to send a quick email acknowledging that it happened and, more importantly, that you fixed it.

Out of curiosity, what software are you using?

@i4e I'm using Wave for now, I need some capitol (capital?) before I throw in for Quickbooks. I am going to let it lie. Thank god the main client it would be affecting is also my landlords, and we are on very good terms. They've been a godsend, really.

@gbhar I'm also using Wave (which I really like for the most part). I noticed that setting by accident while trying to edit an invoice and realized that I would not otherwise have realized the 3, 5, 7 day setup.

That said, I appreciate the thinking behind it, and do have Wave send out a second invoice if not paid after 5 days.

@gbhar I used to do SMS reminders. I had no idea it had a field for what to put before the message you typed in that was buried in the settings. My agency name was being put before every reminder i sent out for a med spa.

@gbhar I own a software development agency and I’m a developer. I use wave. I realized it was sending my clients late invoice reminders in 3 days, but our contract still says make payments within 30 days.

I love WAVE. I use it on a daily basis, but they have some fixing to do