I Made A MultiPlayer Wordle

gitz

All -

I made a multiplayer version of Wordle. In this version you and your opponent race to get the word while being able to see each others moves! This way you can use each others words to gain advantage. :)

You can go head to head with friends and see who can solve the Wordle first by sharing your Room Link. Or join a public room and play with strangers.

Would love for you all to try and appreciate any feedback.

https://wordlerace.vercel.app/

demo

@gitz Cool! Check out Wordability in the App Stores as well. Up to 4 players multiplayer Wordle type game in real time or weekly competition.

@gitz Hey there, tested it out, looks pretty cool! I'm a wordle fiend!

Ran into a few issues though. I created a room and invited myself from my desktop, then joined from my phone.

Made both my desktop and my phone Player1. (Maybe because I didn't join the room on desktop until after I joined on mobile?)

It did set player1 and player2 correctly when I made the room public though.

On mobile, can't get to the keyboard. Everything below the top row is hidden, so can't type the bottom two rows, and can't submit.

Kinda weird also that on mobile I can't see both players at once. Should just be minimized down right so both panels fit on one screen? So I can see what the other player is doing while I am working on my response?

Sorry if you weren't looking for feedback, just when I am building new things, I love getting someone else's eyes and opinions on it!

@marie62 Thank you for the feedback!

Yeah multiplayer is tricky and I'm still working through some bugs. And agree mobile can be much better. The challenge is to show you the moves in that limited screen size. I'll try different options based on your feedback. 🙏

@gitz Could potentially just show both users input on the same board right?

Just keep kicking down the current users input as the other players presses enter.

And keyboard should probably be shared too maybe?

@marie62 Yeah could work...just need to not make it cluttered. The keyboard probably needs to be different so users can see each others used keys.