I made an app to take the pain out of playing poker in person with friends..

anonymousln

... It handles the dealing, the chips... all the fiddly bits that get in the way of fun.

Check it out: https://smartdealer.poker

https://preview.redd.it/r18pb13ln4z...bp&s=cd420532f45b81fa6f2f4944e9fe6a7fd6a2e52f

https://preview.redd.it/xxxrf16ln4z...bp&s=1bc3268233fb51a7c489c852d2af87ffadf86a01

Ever felt like you were the designated poker dealer in your friend group? Frustrated with the clunky, old-school home game experience? Well, I did too. Years of playing poker left me wanting more than just shuffling and dealing. That's why two friends and I decided to revolutionise the way we play.

We've built an app to streamline your home poker games! Think automated dealing, easy chip management, and features to keep things exciting. We're in beta now, so if you love poker nights, we need your help. Check out the app, give us feedback, and let's change the game together!

@anonymousln Slick website, slick app, slick idea. I don’t have a lot of friends, less ones that play poker but love this idea. Clearly a lot of work has gone into this. You’ll have a very successful product on your hands. Congratulations.

@anonymousln As someone who played a lot of poker nights a few years ago, part of the fun was that it wasn't that streamlined I guess, it was about the gathering of friends, chatting, drinks, the physical aspect of chips and flipping cards is pretty fun too.

That said having an app like this for online play is interesting, or for something like a bus or plane trip where you might not have the space but remain bored for a long time

@sh419ob You are right! If you play occasionally, it may not be a hassle to alternate between the players who would be the dealer each turn since the focus is having fun. But if it becomes more regular, it can be very handy to not have to worry about shuffling and dealing cards.

In regards to the other use-cases: airport, camping, etc. it suits really well indeed.

I played with this app in a pub with a few friends last month. It was pretty fun! 😅

@anonymousln I've always wanted the convenience of digital assistant stuff for board games but all the PC versions of games have been less fun, I think it's the tactile and inconvenience that adds to the game. Now I just want a verification done by the computer rather than all of it done, or pick the most inconvenient parts.

But you have a reasonable point that when it's frequent and consistently a drag, and it no longer adds to the enjoyment, that's different, I'm sure there are aspects of most games that would be nice to automate in the right circumstances.

Good work either way.

@rainysunflower Thanks mate :)

I am glad that you liked it... try to download, invite a friend to play online (if not possible to be in person) and give us some feedback. Looking forward to hearing from you!

@anonymousln So in person poker game that doesn’t need cards and chips? Cool idea. The only thing I would be concerned with is the randomization of cards and blaming on the algorithm when someone does well/bad.

@guusva That’s true! But it also happens when physical cards are being dealt. We have always heard once in a while: “are you shuffling this correct? I am only receiving crap cards!” 😂😂😂

@anonymousln Loved it. I was always thinking about creating a poker gameplay from web with friends, but this idea is very interesting.

This may be hard to market. It's a new concept that needs more than 3-4 people to agree on meeting and playing. Maybe you can also put an online version too for marketing this one.

@deer Glad you liked mate! We already have the alternative to play 100% online not having to be in person. And it is completely different of what we have out there. You can do any tournament settings without having to buy in-game currency, chips or any of those kind of things.

@anonymousln Nice. A small feedback would be: the hero image made an impression on me as “you can play this poker game on every device”. Thought it was just another poker game.

Instead you can put people/personas playing from those devices while in the same room. That would create the a-ha moment easier.

Good luck.

@deer Great feedback! Going to change the landing page to use this photos instead of focusing on the app itself because I agree - it shouldn’t be seen as just another poker game app.