I made an iOS app, Blueplayer, for painless video/music streaming

rexcollis45

Hi, there

I made the app first for myself and friends and they think it is good and suggest to put into App Store.

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1564931348

It helps you discover, play, organize, share free online music and video in a unique way.

0. Totally free, no account required, no subscription needed, no user data collected.
  1. No intrusive interstitial ads. It does has a banner but it is very miminum and ignorable.
  2. Video will always be visible when the app is in foreground so you never miss a single second watching.
  3. Audio will continue playing when the app is in background and locked screen so you never miss a single second listening.
  4. Picture in Picture or Floating Window for multi-tasking (e.g., while browsing the web).
  5. AirPlay-ready and GoogleCast-ready for big screen or home theater (GoogleCast silently and play on iPhone with earphone at the same time so you do not disturb your partner at midnight:). Also GoogleCast video to big screen and Bluetooth sound to your mixer for karaoke.).
  6. Chat inside the app with friends while watching or listening together remotely.
  7. Loop play a selected section of a video/song, for example, when you want to learn a new basketball footwork.
  8. Loop or shuffle selected videos/songs in a playlist, for example, your most liked 3 songs in an album.
  9. Tag videos/songs and search by tags. It is like playlist but more versatile, for example, 90s + rock - male will give you rock songs of 90s by female singer.
  10. Siri-ready so you are in control even when your hands are not free, for example, skip to next song when you are cooking.
  11. Fast forward/backward (double tap on right/left half of the video).
  12. Different playback speeds for various slow motion or fast motion (even with AirPlay!).
  13. Queue for sample-listening/watching and for temporary playlist.
  14. Create, backup and restore your library and playlist - migrate your whole library and playlist to your new or other iOS devices in just 2 clicks!.
  15. Share your favorite music or video with family and friends in a single tap.
  16. Runs on Mac with M1/M2/M3 chip. ... and more Ask me any question! Thank you!

@rexcollis45 Well, you can just focus on growing the user base and then think of ways to monotirize (as long as they are active users). Duolingo is a good example of this strategy.

@zuly Yep. To say that I do not want monetize is a lie; but my main goal is to help more people, especially those who are financially deficit, to better enjoy the videos and music.

@rexcollis45 Don’t crucify me guys this is just my opinion, I would rather use a pretty app with limited functionality than an ugly app that is feature rich. That UI needs Jesus but good idea I guess keep going 🤌

@rexcollis45 im having trouble adding songs to a playlist. it let me create the playlist and add one song but when i try to add more it does not let meee😭 i like ur app but maybe if there was like instructions to show how all the functions work

@christianwaelder918 Thank you for using the app!

How did you add the song to a playlist? Did the app give any error prompt for not able to add a second song?

The first time you use the app there is no playlist. So you just type the name of the playlist into the text box with hint “playlist name” in the Playlist tab and press the plus or + button to the left and your playlist is created. I assume you followed the steps above, correct?

Now in the Search tab you swipe the song to the left and you will see 3 buttons (heart, list, folder). Press the list button will bring you to the Playlist tab, where you will see the playlist you created.

Now just swipe left the playlist and you will see a bunch of buttons. Press the plus or + button and the song will be added into the playlist.

If you follow the steps you should be able to add songs.

Pls let me know if you still have trouble.

If you follow the X/Twitter or Instagram from the Settings/wrench tab, you will find a video/GIF and text instructions like above on how to create playlist and add songs.

@rexcollis45 What’s your recommendation on the best way to discover new music? For example if I like EDM, is there a function where I can find new EDM releases? Thank you

@feenix Thank you for using the app! To find new music, you can 1) just use the default search filter, video+recommend, when a song finished, the app will automatically search based on that song and show similar songs and play one of them randomly; 2) try using the video+upload filter or playlist+upload date filter; 3) search by channel filters and subscribe (save) the related channel. When there is new video from the channel, you will see the little red square in the channel view (which is in the favorite tab, the bell button); 4) share the app with your friends and they can share what they discovered with you :) Pls let me know if you have any question. Pls recommend, rate and review if possible. Thx!